Switch! (Part 1)

Wii: Friend codes
DS: Friend codes
3DS: Friend codes
Wii U: No friend codes

Switch: Friend Codes

Switch confirmed success

5 Likes

OK, it seems like I am probably mixing up faint memory of WiiU launch w/ Wii launch, because I didn’t remember the hype being that HYPE.

So, Zelda seems to be loved by everyone atm, or at least it is retweeted/(rave-)reviewed a lot, and I am not even looking for information about it, but still read a lot of headlines and short tidbits about it.

Is this the momentum the switch needs? (… and can I now “just” get a PS VR when everyone is switch hunting?)

I am en route to Kingston where I will be staying with my swole baby bro to commemorate this thing. We will be camping outside a Wal-Mart. There is hype for it. I cant help but feel SB is largely supremely out of touch in certain things.

3 Likes

if you make an open world video game that boots to the title screen your review floor is everyone’s favorite 8/10. if that game evokes every reviewer’s favorite video game from when they were 10 in 1998, yeah, good luck getting anything substantial out of reading that stuff.

5 Likes

you’re nedging a bit excessively, there

I mean, nedge is always annoying but he’s not wrong that you’re not going to be able to tell anything about how good or bad a new Zelda game is from games-press people.

4 Likes

lugenspielpresse

4 Likes

twilight princess and skyward sword are two of the best reviewed games of all time. does anyone even remember anything about those games? this game took those games and put them in a skyrim, that’s a fucking wet dream for people who talk about their wall scroll collection on neogaf.

we all know no one is capable of saying anything interesting about zelda, we’re just not as caustic about it

come on, nobody likes skyward sword

1 Like

it’s better than any Zelda made in the preceding 9 years!

uh, there’s 10 really, really good hours in a 50-hour game

1 Like

I’m watching videos of BotW and it looks interesting because of all of the OoT cruft they removed.

Wind Waker came out when I was ten.

im buying this system + that game as soon as i get my tax returns back and then if its even 1/2 as good as i think it will be im going to comeback in here and pull a “did you even play the game bro” so fucking hard

if i dont come back, it either sucked or i died suddenly or decided to buy a motorbike and go on a trip across the country

2 Likes

yeah, but that 93 on metacritic tho

I never played it – of course I never played it – but my theory is reviewers remembered how for some reason the cell shaded look was a huge controversy for wind walker and they wanted to get out in front of it and let people know they are on the side of history.

1 Like

Twilight Princess is my 2nd favorite Zelda

I never followed the sales figures for portable games as closely as I did for console ones for a while, so I just didn’t want to state something outright that I didn’t actually know for sure. Then again, I just saw that Pokemon Go had like 650 million downloads so I probably could have made that leap.

I will say this again, I am the one person here who really liked Skyward Sword. Not like “OMG bestest game ever!” levels of hype but it might be my favorite non-Majora 3d entry. If you want to know why, I thought for the second trip to the areas it felt like Nintendo went to everyone involved and went “is there any crazy scenario you always wanted to try in a Zelda game?” and took a few of the better ideas.

1 Like

The flooded forest is excellent and dreamlike. It plays well with the area art that reminded me of nothing so much as the Red Queen’s garden in Disney’s Alice in Wonderland; a very artificial English garden with fake rustic touches.

I don’t like the other two and the volcano seemed especially vapid and empty upon return. Sailing the sea of time was excellent though…

1 Like

The volcano doesn’t have all that much to it the second go around, won’t argue with that. I liked the sailing part and the way they handled the boss battle there a ton.

Yeah, I found the time bubble mechanic gimmicky except on the sailing where it had a broader scope and the island stops could tell more coherent stories. In dungeons it was a dumb on/off state switch.