Switch! (Part 1)

Did anyone pick up No More Heroes 3 yesterday? Surprised I haven’t heard any impressions yet.

1 Like

i ordered a copy but it’s not arrived, and it’s a holiday on monday so won’t get it till tuesday at the earliest :frowning: i almost only buy digital games for switch, but im really unsure about this one after hating nmh2… i have been hearing positive things though.

3 Likes

Yeah, because I’m a weirdo I ordered that fancy French version with the art book. I’ll be a couple weeks late to the party, but that’ll give me time to replay the first two and finally finish that top down spin-off.

2 Likes

I’ve started it and made a thread but not sure if anyone was playing. So far it feels like a very polished version of the original revisited with a lot of the better stylistic flourishes from Grasshopper’s catalogue. The game definitely feels like it benefits from having played Travis Strikes Again as there’s a lot of nods.

Really enjoying it and it’s nowhere near as busted as I thought it would be (a lot better than deadly premonition 2).

Am at rank 8 and the overworld is pretty much what I was expecting, very similar to NMH1 with a little bit more to do and more streamlined collectible-finding.

9 Likes

is there not a thread for friend codes? im in the mood to add a million people

SW-1385-2238-2903

3 Likes

there’s this one, and you can check people’s profiles for IDs too

1 Like
14 Likes

Can someone tell me what this does (all twitter domains are in my etc/hosts file).

1 Like

do what

Explain the tweet to me. I can’t access any content on Twitter.

It’s a Breath of the Wild vid showing someone taking advantage of some kind of equipment swapping glitch to turn the bomb into a glider.

1 Like

Apparently the 2022 release schedule on Nintendo’s Japanese website preemptively spoiled a game announcement lol

Summary

“Kirby Discovery”

looks interesting

13 Likes

Kirby explores the ruins of Old New Donk City to uncover the terrible secret of its demise…

9 Likes

Kirby deals with the apocalypse he helped bring about

13 Likes

Disaster Report 5: Super Star Ultra

-or-

Kirby Automata

7 Likes

All I can think of is city trial from Kirby Air Ride, since that is a mode set in a deserted city beset by constant disasters

3 Likes

Kirby is a series I have a lot of fondness for, but it’s felt pretty much stagnant to me since the GameCube/GBA era (aside from Canvas Curse, which was cool). Kirby is in dire need of a re-imagining. I hope this game just goes totally off in some new direction.

5 Likes

I think Kirby has a hard time because its core values were always pretty soft. I think the original platforms aimed at: a soft, dreamlike mood, an extremely approachable difficulty, and toylike experimentation – lots of fun secrets, lots of character abilities that aren’t really necessary but are enjoyable.

It really helped define a type of kid’s game and stuff like the Traveller’s Tales Lego games and Skylanders have a lot of the same values.

But that’s a tall order on what a new game should have. It needs to be delightful, it’s not really mechanics-driven.

Playing with art styles like Kirby’s Epic Yarn felt really in character. Given the way open-world games lend themselves to idle play, and how successfully Breath of the Wild used that space for toy-like play, I wonder if there’s space to fit a Kirby and lots of fun interactions without the sogginess of a lot of open-world conventions.

12 Likes

Yeah, if they do a Kirby and the Amazing Mirror style game in 3D then I’ll be pretty psyched. Wandering one giant Kirby level and bringing rare abilities halfway across the map to solve a puzzle… that’d be fun.

1 Like

most important announcement:
WinBack is back

11 Likes