Switch! (Part 1)

Yoooo, in Slime-san there’s a menu option to visit the main character’s house. If you select it, you play as his mom while he’s away! And you can walk around and talk to the villagers and stuff! It’s there for no reason but it’s so lovely!

5 Likes

Lost my Switch on a train ya’ll. Nintendo can confirm that it’s been used since, but won’t divulge more. They also can’t remove an account from a system unless you’re transferring it to a new system, so I had to enlist a friend to become my soul vessel. We’re not sure what the rites entail yet because customer service is closed.

Edit: Rep #2 was able to deactivate without any transfer voodoo.

1 Like

I ended up selling my copy of Arms. Sorry everyone I really didn’t like it at all. Enjoy the new character!

Still havent seen anyone using these on the train. And I’ve seen two vitas this week.

1 Like

I played mine a few times on the bus, but I feel more awkward with a Switch than with a 3DS. I think it is the size and my hesitance show off an expensive console in public around suspicious passengers.

I have however taken it to a friend’s place so my girlfriend and friend’s wife can play while the guys play board games that they are not interested in. Seems to be more suited to that sort of thing

I managed to play Puyo Puyo Tetris on the plane with my girlfriend last week. Worked pretty well on a tray table in economy plus (albeit would probably not work in basic economy).

1 Like

Did anyone get that Mario Vs. Rabbids game? I’m torn because I could go for a good SRPG right about now, and I like Mario, and people are really talking this game up, but… The aesthetic and sense of humor seem so terrible. I’m just picturing those stupid Ubisoft advertisements and cringing. I can’t fuck with rabbids, minions or any other ugly, underdesigned, “irreverent, in your face attitude”, id-driven dreamworks homunculi.

4 Likes

I actually just got in it the mail, but I still don’t have a Switch. So I would describe the gameplay as frustrating.

6 Likes

I bought it, I am enjoying it quite a bit so far. I never played X-com so not really sure how it compares to that. so far it is pretty easy but seems to be gradually getting more complex, there’s some light exploration and puzzle solving stuff too. I think the environment aesthetic is pretty good actually, there’s a lot of weird details like trumpet plants that move in time to the music and random rubber ducks.
If you can’t deal with the rabbids then you might find most of it fairly grating though. The music is by Grant Kirkhope so it sounds very Banjo Kazooie-esque

Okay like now I have to buy this fucking thing

2 Likes

PSO2 port coming out in Japan only :upside_down_face:

It’s not a port, it’s a streaming thing like PlayStation Now or DQXI on 3DS

1 Like

ok yeah, the Nintendo Direct showed some new Mario stuff and people are laughing about Mario’s weird nipples and that’s great but you can throw your hat and a dog can catch it in their mouth, how is this not THE MOST anticipated game of the DECADE

1 Like

pretty awesome they’re getting id tech 6 running on the tegra

1 Like

There was also a Digital Foundry video about Mario + Rabbids as a great proof of Ubi’s engine scaling down to Tegra. I’m very excited about the Switch as like a new PS2.

Usually Switch ports of biggish games don’t call out to me, but goddamnit, I played DQV a decade ago and still miss my kitty. Giving me the opportunity to ride on him is all it needed.

2 Likes

The interactive face demo from Mario 64, but the camera is lower down and you can pull on Mario’s nipples - “WAHOOOO!”

2 Likes

2 Likes

I hate this

1 Like

I got Strikers 1945 in celebration of a Zero Gunner 2 Switch port (?!?!?!) being announced and you can set up tabletop tate mode with this guy

1 Like