Switch! (Part 1)

I bought a pro controller.

I was going to anyway! I just wanted to complain first.

I literally bought ARMS twice and even I think buying a Pro controller is too much

(I returned the other copy, okay)

actually one of the joycons was dead when I opened the box, so not necessarily

:bbcool:

It’s like a more rubbery, slightly smaller Xbox controller but with bigger face buttons. Feels solid.

Still better than the Playstation controllers.

And actually I don’t think I fully charged the joy cons when I opened everything up Saturday afternoon. I know I plugged the console in to charge and played Zelda in portable mode for a bit then docked it and played on the tv for about 7 hours. Then Sunday I played it for several more hours, then today I played for almost an hour before getting the notification to charge.

So, maybe around 15 hours total, out of the box? That seems pretty good.

Nephews keep asking when I’m going to get a two player game so they can play with me.

Uhhhhh let me finish Zelda first and we’ll talk lol. I mean there’s no excuse now since I technically have three controllers for this thing. I should probably get 1-2-Switch or something.

wellll I would assume out of the box there would be enough to charge to at least use it to set up the system!

Usually you’re supposed to give batteries a full charge before you first use them though. Or is that not a required thing anymore? I guess these eneloops I have didn’t need that.

PS: Done youse a wiki page in case people are still into that: http://wiki.selectbutton.net/sb:hookup:switch_friend_codes

1 Like

Yeah I think it still says that on the packaging though I never do it because I usually leave everything plugged in anyway. I probably don’t know how to electronics.

The eneloops I bought (black high capacity, likely overkill) said on the package they were already charged and ready to use.

eneloops are different. eneloops are good.

They were definitely the smartest investment I made regarding the question of how to keep the Xbox One controller charged.

Yeah, I spent way too much time looking at shitty Wii Remote chargers until I thought why don’t I just buy good batteries?

for some reason i can’t log in and edit mine in there so here’s mine just in case:
SW-1027-9806-4897

Can’t seem to find your account in the wiki. Maybe it went missing in one of the big bot purges.

Added your name to the Switch page though.

1 Like

hey, there was a big ol’ system firmware update last night

they increased the headphone volume

and they also let you add 3DS and Wii U friends assuming they linked the same accounts and own a Switch, which means I get to see all the people on sb who own a Switch but haven’t said they do yet

not naming names yet.

THe Wife saw the Mario trailer and now we have to buy one of these.

We are on our honeymoon and she is telling me to drive to the Target 40 minutes away.

15 Likes

i updated the system to the newest firmware and now…my system won’t retain a charge? the AC adapter (plus the AC adapter i bought recently) won’t charge it and the system won’t dock to TV. gotta mail my switch to nintendo today :frowning:

i think it’s more an issue with the sensitivity of the charge port on the bottom of the system and maybe that got messed up when i used a 3rd party adapter to charge it, so uh, be careful everyone i guess

I think it’s interesting that they actually rushed hardware for a change and it’s clearly paid off for them even with these firmware bugs, but it does also help justify my “wait for the emulation service / netflix / hardware refresh / next arms-caliber title” approach

you know, Splatoon 2 comes out in a month

1 Like

I couldn’t get into the first one during the demo period! I wanted to like it but a multiplayer shooter without a lot of voice chat with friends I know has to be amazing for me to care (only TF2 has even registered for me for a decade)