Switch! (Part 1)

selectbutton

11 Likes

Burn-in and uniformity issues should be a remote possibility cropping up after several thousand hours of the same content.

Even the worst TVs (CNN) still had roughly the same color gamut after 10,000 hours.

Though, speaking of picky assholes,

Someone tell me they can’t see 60 FPS

3 Likes

loading a switch game

10 Likes

The thing is I’ve read these articles multiple times in trying to convince myself that maybe I’m overreacting, and then someone in my family goes and buys the exact same TV and it’s ruined with blue splotches less than 2 years later with “regular usage” consisting of spending about half the day on cable news. I don’t think people should be asked to change how they use their television because the panel technology is flawed.

And I’m not just seeing this shit on TVs, I’m seeing it on smartphones where my grandma’s name was burnt into my mom’s phone, or there are just weird color shifting aberrations that coincidentally line up with persistent UI elements in a primary color.

I know all the pros and cons about OLED already, and if the cons do not line up with your usage patterns, that is great and I’m not going to tell you you have to hate OLED now. But fuck, I constantly run into people with wack displays that just used their devices like they normally would and they look like shit after a year and a half of regular usage, and I don’t want to engage with that at all.

The two use cases where OLED within my tolerances:

• Watching movies and “produced” television where there is a low risk of persistent elements and a high variety of displayed elements. I don’t do this, so it’s irrelevant to me.
  • Smart watches where the display is only on for 7-30 seconds at a time and content is limited to begin with (although smaller text legibility can be hurt by bad subpixel arrangements)
1 Like

gosh, even looking at my wife’s late-LCD iPhone, one of the best-tuned LCD displays ever made, next to my 5-years older, burned-in OLED phone (address bar) there was just no comparison. To my eyes, even display aberrations and burn-in patterns are nothing next to richer color; contrasty night shots are so much more appealing and games especially with solid blocks of color look so much nicer. Wow! that’s red, and that’s beautiful in its redness, I’ll say, absorbed in glowing light even if it’s just an Arkanoid block.

6 Likes

yeah that’s why I had WINDOWS PHONE until the first oled iPhone

2 Likes

it’s a good reason

next to perversity

12 Likes

i don’t know where else to post this but it is sublimely funny to me that they just keep filling Smash up with new anime sword jrpg people no one cares about

9 Likes

Japan kinda cared, XC2 finally went out of stock physically and shot up the digital charts

the actual objective of picking characters is working

you aren’t following enough horny people if you think that

4 Likes

its just… are there not some wizards or people with like axes or nunchucks or something in these games? is it all just sword people???

1 Like

uh, excuse me, i think you mean the xenoblade

3 Likes

The demiurge of the anime is the sword.

1 Like

hello mr. sakurai I think I have the right character for weapon variety

11 Likes

there are a lot of nintendo people who get very mad if you complain about there being too many anime sword people in smash. which is weird to me, considering I’ve never really associated “nintendo” with “anime sword guys,” but I guess fire emblem got real popular there somewhere in the last decade. nintendo fanatics are the most boring, empty people on the planet, but somehow I’m always entirely unable to figure them out. I’m talking about the people who like never played mother 3 because stealing it is morally reprehensible

4 Likes

the only people who defend anime swordbois are Fire Emblem shippers, so

smash bros isnt as good as jurassic park warpath because it has zero velociraptors

6 Likes

replace the busty personified sword with a dinosaur, nintendo, it’s the right thing to do

xenoblade even has dinosaurs!

3 Likes

ugh! i can’t believe nintendo’s adding yet another yoshi clone to smash :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7 Likes