STUNLOCK THE PRESSES: combo breaking news (Part 1)

just make a command and conquer renegade clone with gi joe characters and vehicles, please. it shouldn’t be that hard.

6 Likes
23 Likes

Such a gorgeous aesthetic deployed in service of such anodyne Bioshock gameplay. Actually that whole situation is very essentially Bioshockian

4 Likes

This is live now, by the way. EGS is also giving free copies of Remnant and The Alto Collection this week.

3 Likes

I own or have access to like 5 or 6 of the Total War games and have never played even a single minute

8 Likes

bleurgh sorry, i totally forgot you posted this, i went to link the sales thread and then immediately forgot what i was doing and did something else.

it got renamed from STEALS to Got a selection of GOOD things on sale, stranger!

1 Like

Oh wait, I thought that was like a new thread where Rudie was selling some of his old stuff.

2 Likes

Epic setting up a shop-link to run-around app store policies (and the 30% cut) yesterday this morning was specifically designed to generate a day of positive press from their lowered prices before Apple cut them from the store, which they have now done

And Epic has escalated into meme warfare

I can’t see this as anything but their incredibly wild and ambitious live storytelling plans (reboots and concerts and stuff nobody’s been able to pull off in a game yet) and asking, why can’t we bring those narrative and fan energy to a corporate fight?

amazing

9 Likes

epic are kind of being morons as always but this is one fight that it would be really good for them to win

4 Likes

I think everyone’s been expecting/hoping for the App Store to take a beating from regulators soon, probably from the EU first; challenging them directly on consumer favorability is pretty bold but Epic’s got that streak of tech solipsism (and more money than God (if not Apple)) to just jump right in

3 Likes
5 Likes

stupid excited

1 Like

More evidence that the Xbox Series X is going to be my first “current” console

Other than the Switch which is a handheld so it doesn’t count

1 Like

Dang… they lined up a whole war plan in advance and then pulled a trigger on escalation, knowing their enemy was forced to respond in a particular way.

To be frank, though, Epic’s track record of success is lacking on these things. This is the third store now they’re trying to undermine, the two others held up to their nonsense just fine

4 Likes

who will be the first to use this to make crass youtube videos featuring epstein’s jet

5 Likes

I’m already working on 737 Max DLC

4 Likes

a 737 mod came out for arma 3 last year and I did unironically consider planning out a scenario where you have to stop the epstein bang bus or shoot it down so you could re-enact that video from 2010 where the spetsnaz execute the polish president and his entire cabinet

11 Likes

I met this human in a Saizeriya and they got an incredible buzz for their new puzzle game.

7 Likes
2 Likes

They have sideloading and the ability to run their own store with their own payment processor outside of Google Play on Android, so what exactly are they trying to accomplish here?

The only thing I can see is that Epic simultaneously wants the ability to run their own store and participate in the platform’s default store while being exempt from needing to participate in that store’s in-app purchase infrastructure… which would defeat the entire reason they would need their own store in the first place?