Steven Universe, don't tumblr my rocks!

We did. Now it’s hiatus time.
Apparently it’ll be back in fall, but that’s according to the crew and no one at the network tells them nothin.

Future Boy Zoltron might be, technically, the shittest SU episode ever made, and feels, at least to me, dramatically out of place in an otherwise mostly stellar run. (i’d probably count the Uncle Grandpa one in this too, but at least that got some chuckles out of me)

thank goodness it was followed by the one where Pearl goes to a garage rock show and talks to a punk girl, it’s like they were saying sorry to me.

1 Like

i didn’t hate it but it felt kinda half-baked, not a memorable one. Same kinda goes for the recent Onion one, though i liked it a little better because Onion (and Garnet giving a thumbs up to a bunch of little kids in a trenchcoat).

“Last One Out of Beach City” totally slayed though yeah!!! Definitely going to be in my top 10 when the series is over. BAD PEARL IS CANON NOW.

1 Like

Future Boy Zoltron and Buddy’s Book are the two worst of the new season. Everything else is generally fine (I haven’t watches Last One of Beach City yet)

FBZ is the usual tag team of worst storyboarders raven molisee and paul villeco, but I’m surprised by how terrible Buddy’s Book was because it’s Lamar Abrams and Katie Mitroff and they’re usually ok.

I, uh, don’t really like Season 4 at all so far (again, keeping in mind I haven’t seen the one everyone talks about being super great), especially after how solid the third season was.

i liked Buddys Book, i dunno why you hated that one. but on the the whole the non-gem episodes have been fairly low-energy, yeah.

Mindful Education and Last One Out… are all-time though
last season also started and ended on major highs, it’s a hard comparison.

I came to this thread wondering if anybody would be talking about the normalization of lesbian dating in the punk episode. That was pretty cool. Interesting how they skirted what “getting someone’s number” means, kind of allowing an interpretation that they would just be “friends.”

I wonder if it matters to parents that SU always allows the slightest avenues for rationalizing it as anything but a queer show or if people with preteen kids these days are 80% not monsters. It’s probably the latter, actually.

5 Likes

hello officer yes i’d like to report a stolen heart

2 Likes

4 Likes

WHENEVER THAT IS

1 Like

Gem Harvest is out this month.

i hunger

THERE WAS A NEW EPISODE I GUESS?? IT’S A GREG FLASHBACK W/ BABY STEVEN AND I HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET. ALLCAPS. FUCK.

the Thanksgiving episode was really cute and unfortunately timed, because it is ultimately about learning to accept Steven’s racist uncle. Said racist uncle was voiced by Dave Willis, aka Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, which was the best part of the episode because he was basically doing Carl and that kind of voice/personality is so jarringly different from the usual SU thing that it’s hilarious almost by default!

The end credits music is getting increasingly scary and ominous, what’s gonna happen next?!?

4 Likes

Oh you didn’t know? Looks like someone shoulda called somebody

Both the episodes were pretty alright, yeah. Was actually bothering throughout the episode who’s voice Andy’s kept reminding me of.
Three Gems and Baby looked really off artwise at times though. Like Amethyst was continuously drawn by two different people with different interpretations of of her model. Had completely forgotten that Pearl had a different outfit at the start of the series and that Garnet’s colour-scheme was actually canonically changed post-Jailbreak.

End credits definitely getting ominous but, why? There’s not exactly much of an imminent threat looming currently since Jasper got snagged. Sure, Home World is eventually going to come up with something but no hints about yet. Even generic gem mission episodes seem pretty phased out at this point. Only thing that they’ve started building this season I think is the possible destruction of Steven’s innocence which could be an interesting “villain”.

Wonder if they’re ever going to address how gems perceive the passing of time what with having lived thousands of years yet getting impatient over the passing of a few months.

1 Like

the credits music is soothing, chill imo

3 Likes

fuck was there a leak or something where the heck is all this STUFF coming from??

looks to be

yt channel UCwQCdZ05KzFVMYfWL_jjDoQ has stuff up?

cartoon network apparently released a bunch of episodes on their website
on purpose, not a leak. just unannounced.

why do kids tv channels act so weird with serialised action cartoons

2 Likes