Steven Universe, don't tumblr my rocks!

Comic-Con Press Panel interview with Crystal Gem voice actors, Rebecca Sugar, and Ian Jones-Quartey. Spoilers.

how spoilery are we talking

Brief mentions of a contextually dramatic song and the big official spoiler regarding the appearance of a new character.

A transcription of the Q&A audience panel that group did, which contains different questions and no spoilers.

hey look at this

3 Likes

1 Like

i finished season 2! the last two episodes were really great.
peridot yelling at yellow diamond is the kind of thing that doesn’t have any analogue on 21st century earth, but i guess it’s like if some random medieval peasant when up to the reigning monarch of the time, called him and ugly, stupid cunt and got away with it. like, it’s an incredibly massive thing to happen in a society like that of the gem civilisation, where the diamonds are practically living gods. (which itself is crazy, since any one gem could be considered godlike compared to a human, with their powers and longevity)

and log date 7 15 2 was just a really nice character episode.

Sooo proud of peri for standing up against authority to protect her own, self founded values

Its been days and i still cant stop listening to pearl’s beautiful solo in mr.greg

i think you mean “indisputably the greatest of all time forever”

just saw Crack The Whip, and holy shit

2 Likes

next few days are gonna be wild

3 Likes

I read somewhere-or-other that Connie is going to be more of a regular from here on out, which is great because she’s the best one. But somehow I didn’t consider the philosophical ramifications of her constant presence…

So when Amethyst reformed… that was an unsettling flash of foreshadowing, wasn’t it. That thrashing. For a moment she almost looked like she was going to reform into something like Steven’s centipede friend.

She’s going to get corrupted, isn’t she. Looks like she’s already on the way.

While Amethyst finally getting a full emotional arc does showcase her directionless and weakened state, I’m pretty sure Steven vs. Amethyst tonight was optimistic enough in its wonderful admissions and self-insult-fighting. The big officially-spoiled dramatic episode tomorrow, and the inherent discomfort of another original powerhouse from before Amethyst’s adoption, might touch a bit more on the quieter greater group dynamic (which hasn’t really been wounded since Sugilite and Sardonyx) though.

Also, the thrashing form is probably just a note on Reformed:

(which incidentally serves as a painful callback- she reforms in a slightly-changed manner relatively quickly during Jasper vs. Stevonnie without much fuss and it still isn’t anywhere near enough. I do suspect that with her malleability away from herself and her self–promoted scrappy nature another reform during some climactic resolution for the ongoing spotlight.)

1 Like

the new 22-minute episode has fucking eyecatches. i <3 these absolute weebs

I like how Steven’s GameCube is actually a “Dolphin”…

Seaman would approve.

I fucking knew someone would do this

1 Like

the gems were a little too ready to leave bismuth rebubbled imo

that is maybe the most questionable thing they’ve done? the end of the episode is ambiguous but we don’t even hear them discuss the decision

3 Likes

They didn’t exactly leave a lot of time for a longer resolution. i’m sure she’ll be back but i found it a little questionable as well. i guess it’s cool that a kid’s show explicitly touched on the morality of violent revolution at all!

i have watched leaks of tonight’s episodes and HOLY SHIT

I am also sure that Bismuth will get more of a resolution later on considering the set-up of her recognizable silhouette / hair being the one to poof Lapis back during her flashback, and that getting that first bit was meant as weighty comparison with Jasper especially considering their shared fates as of tonight . Lapis might get more of a resolution then with her whole mess of a past, but she seems strikingly happy now fussing around with Peridot- I guess she did get to acknowledge recent past regrets and then punch them over the horizon.

Also cool in the whole kid’s show category is continuing to readily screw around with gender in fusion without giving it a second thought. Considering the whole arc of Steven literally saving the world and then training himself being more human and helpful with all of the other lingering problems with who he knows, paired with the sudden swing of another unsettled foil with Amethyst, Smoky Quartz for part of the season finale is pretty obvious in retrospect.

1 Like