Steven Universe, don't tumblr my rocks!

I love love love these.

season 3 starts in 4 days, with a two-parter! now’s your chance to get unreasonably excited!

1 Like

Excited too. Really wish CN wouldn’t post huge spoilers in their preview videos though that I’ll inevitably see every time no matter how much I try to avoid it.

1 Like

i love that this is like, less content than a steven bomb over a longer time, and there’s no indication of consistent programming afterwards

i guess this works on the channel coz they can do endless repeats? still tho, hey

Think i’ve read indications that they’ll be airing stuff over the summer but yeah, cn’s programming sorcery makes no sense to me

The show’s production team is just as mystified, from what I have read.

IanJQ’s response to people asking about the recent s2 finale not being very finale-ish was basically “lol we haven’t written for regular production seasons in ages because the airtimes were too dang weird”.
i mean, s1 was clearly supposed to be two separate seasons and for some reason got packaged as one (aired out of order at confusing times). NUMBERS HAVE NO MEANING ANYMORE.

They just write for arcs now, which is smart because now we’re in the netflix age of binge-watching. that’s why the Bomb structure makes some sense.

holy damn i cant wait until Thursday when i have something to talk about other than animated TV production schedules

1 Like

1 Like

IT’S TODAY

I WISH!! it’s tomorrow

that was unexpectedly Eva

so three more Thursdays in this bomb?

(courtesy of @contentdeleted)

1 Like

that pacing was breakneck even by the standards of a normal show, but i loved all of it. this is probably the first episode i didn’t regret watching as it aired.

predictions (huge spoilers here!):

the show should be a little closer to the status quo after this. the next episode’s almost certainly going to be about lapis (which i’m really excited for) and then maybe after a couple eps we’ll either get the non-twist that jasper isn’t dead (is she just going to crawl back out of the earth? she probably could if she had to) or more stuff is going to happen with Yellow Diamond. plus, i seriously doubt the cluster is bubbled forever (or for very long at all, really).

Intern me in the Steven Universe fan grave/junkyard, because those episodes owned my bones

Oh! Peridot~

1 Like

I just read “Drag or paste images” as “Dong Pasta”… and now I can’t remember what I was going to type.

Watched this again. the part where Steven is hyperventilating while hallucinating screaming faces all around him is really effective. way more intense and scary than anything i’ve seen this show or one of its contemporaries do.

So Lapis is going to be a Crystal Gem now, I presume.

We can only hope.

that’s almost a foregone conclusion, at this point.

a more interesting question: is jasper?

1 Like