Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

I’ve never used Avid and I’ve never known anyone who does, but when I was more involved with professional film/multimedia work back in 2010 I was under the impression that a ton of hollywood types used it religiously.

yeah but that’s the same with lwks and lwks is horrible to use if you’re relatively comfortable with vegas / premiere / final cut

it is the bink video or lua of NLVEs

Most of the video folks at my work are also avid Aviders, I think it’s a MassArt thing

Company of Heroes 2 is free on Humble until it’s not.

1 Like

Avid is definitely used. It’s just ugly as hell (and has weird color shift issues when using QT based codecs in Windows).

Definitely vouching for Vegas. Don’t waste your time with the accidentally free CS6, shotcut, or Resolve. They are not fun.

escape goat 2 for a buck!!!

1 Like

Could be my words exactly! It is interesting that this also applies to my amazon prime watchlist , as well as netflix… i make it a point to remove the Shows/movies/games when i find myself hopping over them for the god-knows-how-much-th time and never look back.

Must be a digital native thing, eh…

Kiwami for 14.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/yakuza-kiwami-steelbook-edition-playstation-4/5859443.p?skuId=5859443

The Steam version of King of Dragon Pass is about a buck on GAMERSGATE https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KING-OF-DRAGON-PASS/king-of-dragon-pass

FFXV and FFXII: The Zodiac Age are both $20 at Best Buy. I think this is the cheapest I’ve seen The Zodiac Age so far.

1 Like

Steam Link for $5. I don’t think it qualifies for free shipping, but that still seems like a good deal if it’s something you might use.

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/steam-link/121866

Edit: Oh, wait. It’s the same price through Steam itself. Maybe it’s being discontinued.

Edit: Shipping is cheaper through GameStop.

1 Like

They keep throwing those away. I think an improved one is coming.

Escape Goat 2 is 99 cents on PSN with PS+.

4 Likes

Bloodborne with the DLC is $14 with PS Plus.

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is $3. I replayed it recently and it’s still a very good game.

The Witness is $10.

2 Likes

if you have a VR-capable GPU and haven’t grabbed one of these yet, it’s worth it

(I am gratified that I got the lenovo which has been marked down the least in real terms – only $50 more than when I got it on sale in the first place)

frankly, even if you plan to get a VR-capable GPU if they ever go down in price, I’d say this is still worth it – they are comparable to next-generation vive/oculus replacements while being more comfortable and requiring less hardware

given how pointless all the microsoft software is other than as a clumsy way of launching steam or revive I’m not surprised they’re not selling though

Do you feel like there’s even a decent variety of things to do with VR yet?

I was looking at maybe getting a Dell Visor over the weekend since it was $213 but browsing Steam I just couldn’t find a lot worth doing with it that wasn’t a shooting gallery or something that looked more like a proof of concept. There are some not-shooting things here and there but by and large most of the things I’m seeing on Steam I’m not sure are worth putting down full price for. I also couldn’t find much info on non-gaming VR software. Granted I am also in a position where I have a PSVR already (shoutouts to Taco Bell), but I’ve played two or three shooting games already and even that has made me feel like I’ve gotten my fill of that genre. However I do want to try more roomscale experiences and something I could use the headset for at my desk would be neat (since I would have to constantly setup my PC in my living room to do roomscale stuff).

if you have a PSVR you’re probably good for now. right now my shortlist for PC stuff would be SUPERHOT, echo arena, tilt brush, and google earth, and I’m looking forward to overload and polybius (which you can already play!)

I bought that Dell one for a giggle, but it hates the USB chipset on my motherboard, so I have to wait for a PCIe USB3.0 card to come in now.

Also my video card is probably slightly on the low end (it’s an R9 290x IIRC? getting the model number out of AMD drivers is next to impossible) but hey, YOLO

1 Like

I almost bought the Acer one, then I read the comments saying that the Samsung one was better, but then I saw something about next-gen units on the horizon and then… I decided not to buy something that would just make me worry that I got the wrong piece of hardware that I’ll never use

I played through SUPERHOT and that’s all I need from VR

1 Like