Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

ironically, this is bad news for me. the DS1 design works is also dropped in price, and I was holding on my copy to sell for christmas/rent money. oops!

I donā€™t know whether the above is still valid, but they are now offering $5 off a $15 book purchase with BOOKGIFT17

if any of yā€™all want professional video editing software humble has sony vegas for $20

4 Likes

How easy is it to use?

Itā€™sā€¦not terrible? I mean, I recall it is resource intensive (as most vid editing stuff is), but the graphic designer at my last job learned it pretty easily in a couple weeks, and she had never touched it before that job.

easier than lwks, harder than iMovie, comparable to premiere

I used Vegas for all my videos when I made videos and all I did was poke around youtube for some more advanced stuff I wanted. Easy enough to use, but also very powerful if you wanna get fancy.

Vegas is good software

1 Like

There is also completely wild PSN sale going on with pages and pages of stuff for sale.

I recommend Furi !

As a data point, iā€™d been struggling with an old copy of Premier. It wouldnā€™t actually load most of my video files, and when they did load I couldnā€™t get the damn things to render.

I knocked out the thing I was trying to do in Vegas in like, ten minutes. To be fair, I did know and older version of Vegas. But I learned it as a teen, entirely through experimentation.

I wish I could go back to the magic of Final Cut Pro before they fucked it up, which was the best editor ever. But Vegas seems fine.

1 Like
3 Likes

I love this forum.

1 Like

My favorite part about sales is it convinces me which games I really have no intention of ever buying and then I can remove them from my wishlist without anxiety

8 Likes

Just wanna +1 on Vegas, I used it at one of my jobs and itā€™s good/easy. I use Premiere now since I get a license from work, but I would probably still be using Vegas otherwise.

If I am using Premiere CS4 from 2010, is there a reason Iā€™d want to use a more recent Vegas?

I should be honest with myself about these things. I have things in my Steam wishlist that have been there 6 years and Iā€™ve had multiple opportunities to buy for $2 but still canā€™t bring myself to remove them when I inevitably pass.

Premiere is a more robust, fully featured, and professional video editing tool. If I were you, Iā€™d only switch from Premiere CS4 to Vegas if there were some specific outdated aspect of CS4 getting in the way of your work that you need a newer tool to be able to handle.

But yeah, Vegas is decent for what it is, especially for the price in this bundle. Itā€™s in the same category of professional video editing tools as Premiere, Final Cut, and Avid, but itā€™s kind of the ugly stepchild. Maybe a little more on the pro-sumer side. Itā€™ll be able to do everything that 99% of users are going to need it to do.

Personally, Iā€™d put the old Final Cut Pro 7 at the top of the rankings. Itā€™s a shame they screwed it up with later versions. I just used Premiere to edit a feature documentary and despite a few stupid UI quirks, it did the job fine.

2 Likes

Hello Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball, good to think about you again, see you next sale.

4 Likes

Avidā€™s the uglyist stepchild.