Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

Does Doom run that much worse than Wolfenstein? I’d assume they have similar performance (also nu-Doom is like ten times better)

Neufenstein ran not very great at pretty low settings, I’d rather just wait til I can make the game look good.

You can get all the bland indie games and a few good ones in this bundle https://itch.io/b/149/a-good-bundle

4 Likes

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Way more stuff is on sale in addition to that other sale I just posted. Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, TES5 remaster, FIFA, Madden, Dragon Quest Builders and MGS5.

Mostly PS4 deals it seems

Amazon is again offering a code to take $10 off any physical book order of $25+ (HOLIDAYBOOK). I might have to finally spring for the Dark Souls 2 art book. (Sorry if that makes extra work for you, @Bee).

1 Like

There was actually a ton of shit I was interested in included in this bundle. And a lot of stuff that I’m interested in now that I own it!

1 Like

if anyone sees a steal of a deal on romance of the 3 kingdoms xiii @ me up itt

ok so like the good stuff in the $2 and $8 tiers are def worth $20, but is there much good in the $20 tier? i recognize nothing but Depression Quest

I can’t vouch for good but in the $20 tier both Sokobond and A Good Snowman is Hard to Build are a pair of solid looking puzzle games I’ve been meaning to try out for a while now (both are by the same designer if I recall).

What mainly tempts me is FJORDS and Strawberry Cubes in the $8 tier, but as backwards as it sounds I’d rather buy them separately for roughly the same cost than add a terrifying number of games to my backlog.

1 Like

so I got a ps4 and I’m thinking about new doom but I dunno. if the idea of playing doom on a console physically bothers me, if I never liked the dual shock for any fps, if I haven’t played a console fps in years and so would almost have to relearn the control scheme from scratch, should I just wait three years for when I have a PC capable of running the game at better than PS4 levels? or should I suck it up? life choices, team.

actually yeah I’d wait. the demo on PS4 did almost nothing for me compared with the experience of playing it on PC a couple months ago. and I’m the one who’s been pointing out that consoles have been conspicuously better than PCs this gen.

3 Likes

Eschatos rules

tell us more

as usual too many games in the cart. continuing my promethean quest to own every game anybody on steam considers good. gonna pare this down

Okay!

Raiden IV Overkill: Raiden kinda stalled after the whole Raiden Fighters line of games. Raiden III was a revival for the series, but was also pretty bloody bland. R4O is far more interesting, taking the already good arcade release and adding a bunch of extra stuff. Ship select (you can play as the Fairy!), new control options (2ships1pad), and a slew of extra modes for the score attacker in you. Straight-up vintage arcade shooter for the price of a pack of gum (during this sale at least).

Tale of ALLTYNEX: Doujin group SITER SKAIN’s shmup trilogy, all verticals. Kamui, a solid Rayforce-esque lock-on laser venture. RefleX, a pretty straight-forward entry based around reflecting enemy fire with a charge shield. ALLTYNEX 2nd, a 3D-remake of a lost FM Towns entry with just a hint of Radiant Silvergun about it. All fairly derivative, yes, but also VERY well-executed. Solid doujin shooting for a song.

ESCHATOS: Pretty much what I thought the future of video games would be like when I was eight years old. Simple 3D graphics made thrilling by high-speed multiplier-based gameplay, wild cinematography and an utterly orgasmic FM+PSG soundtrack. The Wonder Pack throws in the dev’s original Wonderswan games, Judgement Silversword and Cardinal Sins. If you can only get one, this should be it.

DARIUSBURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS: It’s Darius. It’s big, it’s overwrought, it’s silly, it’s bombastic, it’s got a transcendent soundtrack, it’s got beam clashes, giant robot seahorses, sperm whales and dragons. It’s one of the most ambitious, content-rich arcade ports I’ve seen in a long time. It’s also normally $50. $25 is a great deal, AFAIC.

3 Likes

I nominate this as a steal

Just as a warning, the Saint’s Row 2 PC port is assssssss

1 Like

Man, the cheap game cabal is really punishing the inattentive. Hitman complete was $15 on Gamestop early this morning and now it’s done.

I think now that Valve proved that doing away with flash sales and dailies didn’t affect revenue the 75%+ discounts are going to be harder to find. Same on the PS4 - retailers have steeper discounts than PSN ever will.

ATTN ALL THIS DONATES TO GOOD + IMPORTANT CHARITIES[quote=“The_Blueberry_Hill, post:275, topic:114, full:true”]
You can get all the bland indie games and a few good ones in this bundle https://itch.io/b/149/a-good-bundle
[/quote]

1 Like