Anarchy in the Splatlands (the thread formerly known as The Splatoon 2 Thread)

Hey folks me and @bib are gonna be do some league tonight but my friend bailed so we might just have 3 ppl. Anyone wanna join?

i actually think i can scrounge up a fourth if there are no takers here

define ā€œtonightā€

How I Made S in Tower Control: A Visual Essay

Main weapon: Tenta Missiles

Special weapon: Mini Splatling

the high mark so far is 9 missile launches

actually shooting at people is a last resort

2 Likes

Ended up buying a Switch and this game on Sunday (first time I had ever seen the console available on store shelves). Iā€™ve only spent about an hour in single player and Iā€™m still trying to come to grips with the motion controls.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the mini splatling well

I guess the shoes that give you All The Specials is a big part of it

The mini splatling is more hit and run than the heavy; I would look to other weapons that have the splat bomb to get an idea of how you should approach engagements. Since you have to be closer to score hits, you need to cut off escape routes while protecting your own. Your tenta missiles are less about getting kills and more about creating pressure (which is why I did this in tower control but wouldnā€™t think about it in rainmaker) and can be assisted by splat bombs and suppressive fire.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that, compared to the heavy, youā€™re way faster. Combine that mobility with swim or run speed, get used to the charge speed and but more willing to dance around the area to get positioning.

I feel tentamissles are a decent idea in rainmaker as a way to scare off the other team if theyā€™re all gathered around the rainmaker trying to pop the bubble.

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to get into using the sniper style weapons, or really any that require holding a button and releasing to fire

NEW STAGE 2NITE

I didnā€™t fucking splat in the trenches so this shit gremlin could put mayo on baked goods

4 Likes

So is there an SB Squid Squad? Am I fresh enough to join?

1 Like

thereā€™s not really, though iā€™m also hungry for one

I would love to meet up with folks and play given the time difference.

I guess this is why people install discord huh?

Can someone please shoot me an invite to the SB Discord channel? At the moment Iā€™m only watching the Shmups.com channel.

Thanks in advance.

thanks to notbov in this thread, when i unlocked the mini splatling i went on a total tear in ranked mode

10/10 weapon no one else seems to use

also no splatfest for japan at this time :<

There used to be a stickied Axe thread with a permalink but it may have gone to space, so https://discord.gg/U7zVK

One of these days Iā€™ll remember to put in some time and learn how to play this game.

if there was a #splatoon text channel (?) in the discord could that facilitate actually getting teamsb together

my irl buddies have all fallen off and i still wanna play some league and salmon runnn

Uhhhh @Bee did we just lose a splatfest game together???

I was pikaaaa