soul blazer SUCKS... or does it???

i love how unassuming this game seems especially at first. It makes it more of a wonderful surprise when you destroy a monster lair and it sends back a talking flower or a goat or something.

The Quintet font is beautiful.

6 Likes

I played this for an hour or so last night. I was right to want to play it as a kid, as I would have really enjoyed it. I like that you sometimes just rescue a single flower or strand of ivy.

It wasn’t until (the PC Engine version of) Ys 1 and 2 were released for Wii that I finally played through those games. Somehow I never got around to Soul Blazer, even on an emulator. (Probably because I would have had to play it on a computer and I have a hard time playing a console game on a computer for some reason.)

5 Likes

soul blazer was the first emulated game i ever beat tbh

1 Like

soul blazer is also a way cooler name than soul blader.

getting blazed on souls.

3 Likes

I played as a kid, it stayed with me. The music! We almost beat it I think. Why did we have it, I don’t know

3 Likes

i never played Soul Blazer :frowning:

which is a shame, because i loved both IoG and Terranigma.

if i had a better emulation set up, i’d give it a try. honestly have always thought it’s sad that this trilogy has never seen any kind of rerelease and is mostly forgotten.

2 Likes

It’s the 25th anniversary of Terranigma! It’s as good a time as any to get Soul Blazed on some Soul Diesel and play Soul Blazer or Terranigma again.

8 Likes

May have to sit down and play the trilogy again, it just feels like the right moment

i went to play through all three for the first time last summer and i stalled out a couple hours into terranigma even though it seemed like obviously the most incredible one

Terranigma is both “the best” of the three but also “the least interesting”

I remember it being hard to get into at the beginning but the ending made everything worth it.

3 Likes