Sonic Mania

I honestly still have no idea how to get past the barrel lol.

Do you hit up and down in a different location? I def tried hitting those a bunch

yeah, Iā€™m pretty sure I only got past it when I happened to have brought a bubble shield that far, or when I was accidentally pressing up and down semi-rhythmically along with my jumping by accident

I know I havenā€™t played through sonic 3 since I learned how to do it

I just like to watch Knucklesā€™ turning-while-gliding animation.

1 Like

when I saw that headilne with the image my first thought was ā€œthe pico?ā€

I caved and double-dipped on PS4 to play this. No regrets.

This is 1+2+3K+CD+Chaotix all mashed up together with a sprinkle of the Master System games, filtered through a rose-tinted sieve of happy memories. It is a shining star of happiness in a chaotic, unjust world and I sincerely love anybody involved in bringing it to life.

But Jesus, the special stages get hard.

Playing through again w/knuckles, I love every medium-sized creative riff in this game, level or a/v design wise. the bosses and second acts of almost every zone are full to the brim with them and they just spill over with Love and Dreamy Sincerity. I basically have only died by being sandwiched but I have like infinite goodwill towards this software anyways

Boy do they ever.

So apparently if you just jump around while turning sharply left and right at the start of the special stages you can complete them within seconds

Hey.

This game is a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Easily the biggest disappointment Iā€™ve had since buying a Switch for BotW and then dropping it forever an hour or so out of Kakariko.

1 Like

I turned on the gameā€™s CRT filter, and the waterfalls in Green Hill Zone did not produce lovely rainbows.

0/10 i demand a refund

(Aside from that, everything is wonderful.)

2 Likes
1 Like

Dumb question: I found a box with blue rings in it, what do those even do?

They make it easier to recover your lost rings- instead of a bunch of regular rings, theyā€™ll come out as several larger ones.

1 Like

Just beat thisā€¦ WTF barrel was being talked about in this thread?

Itā€™s in Carnival Night Zone in Sonic 3, not sure how it came up other than contrasting Mania with the Genesis games.

Ohh, gotcha

And if you lose over 100 and recollect them, youā€™ll get an extra life again!