At least the BGM slaps.
flying battery is the worst zone (for length)
That is kind of a relief. I do like this game overall. I’ve only dabbled in sonic in the past, so I’m not that great at it though.
I have a strong reflexive dislike of using sprite rotation for the loop de loops
Yep that looks like Sonic fangame level design.
ok but duz the game retain the eco-terrorist subtext of the original?
- 100% accurate Sonic 3 & Knuckles physics
- Sonic, Tails, Knuckles fully playable, including Sonic & Tails co-op
- Widescreen display
- Additional effects like 360° rotation
- Optional high quality pixel filter xBRZ
- Controller support
- Experimental Time Attack mode
- Many fixes and small gameplay tweaks
- Added movement options like Tails Assist and Flight Cancel
interesting bit of sonic trivia: the blue spheres music apparently predates sonic 3 and was originally written in 1991 for the obscure/unreleased(?) puzzle game SegaSonic Bros
anyway, there is a lot of new footage since the game was just dumped/released in full
robotnik is wearing the pajamas from the “man of the year” short from sonic jam which is the most absurdly deep cut
holy shit the daytona hornet driving it’s own kart fighter’s megamix style is next level
this is honestly the pinnacle of the doom engine
yet another thing I love about this game that I just discovered is that their desktop website is the most endearingly ancient thing and their mobile website is like, normal and modern using some turnkey stylesheet