songs from yr childhood

We’d need trains for that first

2 Likes

achievement in costume design

also some great late 90s CGI

i think the story of this one is that this dude is running for political office and the bad guy is his main political rival. of course we go into an alternate universe where he’s the king, his wife is the queen begging him to spend more time with her, and the rival is a literal snake

1 Like

ok so this song wasn’t part of my childhood (it’s punjabi i’m not) but it should have been bc it fukken bangs

panjabi mc looks like kids i went to high school with, tracksuits and all

time to just listen to this on repeat for hours

Don’t give your heart to a foreigner
He will make you weep everyday
Along with Ranjha, the Ascetic,
you will also have to become an Ascetic

Like Sassi, Sohni and Heer, I
will sacrifice my life
I will burn in the deserts
I will drown in the waters

2 Likes

re allusions to classic literature, every time i think about the ‘non-white civilizations’ thing i get mad. lol

we stay connected to our past

I’d bet many hundos Mr. King don’t know much about the classics of Western culture either

or, he only likes the part where his ancestors killed a continent for him to inherit

1 Like

don’t worry mustafa, time is our friend mustafa
friendship is the ship that doesn’t sink

the classic friendship montage

1 Like

Oh shit I haven’t heard this in years. Fucking killer track.

This is my favorite though it was played to death back when

The remix with jay-z and the Knight Rider theme mashed in is also great

2 Likes

have i posted this yet

this song owns in all respects, it’s about living in a village and being broke

oh wow i forgot this song existed

very lol

In America, I crave the English reality that has disappeared; childhood seems breathingly close. But the sense of masquerade persists: I gorge on nostalgia, on fondnesses that might have embarrassed me when I lived in Britain. Geoff Dyer writes funnily, in Out of Sheer Rage, about the obsession with reading the TV listings in English papers he developed when he was living in Italy, even though he had never watched TV when he lived in England, and didn’t like it. To hear a Geordie voice on an American news programme leaves me flushed with longing: the dance of that dialect, with its seasick Scandinavian pitch. And all those fabulous words: segs (the metal plates you’d bang onto your shoe-heels, to make sparks on the ground and act like a hard-nut); kets (‘sweets’); neb (‘nose’); nowt (‘nothing’); stotty-cake (a kind of flat, doughy bread) claggy (‘sticky’). The way Northerners say eee, as an exclamation: ‘Eee, it’s red-hot today!’ (Any temperature over about 72 degrees.) Recently, I heard the old song ‘When the Boat Comes In’ on National Public Radio, and I almost wept[4].

i wonder if this is why i’ve created this thread

2 Likes

nostalgia is a sweet honey

this song is so anime when the girl shows up

i listened to this EP a lot walking to school at 6am throughout late middle school and high school

out of nowhere youtube recommends me this . . .

1 Like
1 Like

i am appalled that this isn’t the other space hog song, which i still think is one of the catchiest tunes of that era

That song is also great but I played “Space is the Place” on repeat when I was 13

1 Like