SNExploration 12 Recruiting - Super Pinball II: The Amazing Odyssey!!

Super Pinball II won, mostly I think because Bombuzal and Same Game split the puzzle game fans in half. Pinball 4 life

Super Pinball II: The Amazing Odyssey

It’s Pinball, huh?

"Super Pinball II: The Amazing Odyssey is a pinball game for the Super Famicom. It is the sequel to the 1994 SNES game Super Pinball: Behind the Mask, though did not join it with a release in North America. The game is, however, entirely in English.

The game features three tables: The sci-fi “Space Sister”, the James Bond-inspired “The Spy Eyes”, and the circus-themed “Showtime”."

It’s got a space themed table so that’s me set, although nothing will reach the highs of Space Cadet.

The Salaryman game is

Keiba Eight Special

“Like most horse racing games for the Super Famicom, Keiba Eight Special was never released outside of Japan. It has a sequel: Keiba Eight Special 2.”

I have to say that Keiba Eight Special 2 is a missed opportunity for good sequel names, but that’s not even what we’re playing sooooo

The link to the discord is below, which is good for hanging out with us, but ALSO has the ROMs. Find the ROMs in the #resources channel.

https://doodle.com/poll/v3kdzw4tu68xedx6

As a reminder, we discuss the game based on 5 topics, listed below without description:

• Gun
  • Vanity
  • Mystery
  • Poetry
  • Harmony

If you’re recording, please play the main game for an hour or so, and take a couple of notes on those 5 topics.

And for Horse Racing, seriously, don’t spend more than 5 minutes on it unless you’re really digging it.

1 Like

i was tempted to vote for bombuzal since it fuckin sucks, but i was kind and went for super pinball ii

1 Like

Voted for Same Game. Where’s my “I Voted” sticker!?

1 Like

I only looked at screenshots so I gravitated toward Bombuzul without knowing anything about it.

Pinball video games have never spoken to me. D:

5 Likes

or if you prefer

2 Likes

omg

I feel like I should point out that Super Pinball II’s subtitle is “The Amazing Odyssey” so clearly it should win

I like Bombuzal, but probably just because of the funny sprite

This thread is now a recruiting thread!!! Sign up to record this weekend!!!

chester

I fucking love this game

as someone who doesn’t know shit from fuck about pinball, I’m hoping to Learn A Lot

1 Like

i signed up!!!

3 Likes

Excellent, fresh blood

I’m going to close this tomorrow at an unspecified time so sign up while you can!

It is done. Sunday at 2-4 PM PST is the official time of recording.

1 Like

Looking forward to it, wish I could be in it but I’m ridiculously busy these days and my voice has been destroyed by a cold

Sorry to hear, take care!

wtf why do (most of) you know so little about how to play pinball

5 Likes

I’m not a horny dad

8 Likes

I’m not even horny adjacent!