Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81- The King of Fighters XV

If nothing else a quick stroll through the t-shirt emporiums of fan conventions would prove peanut butter and jelly-style combos to be the most easily popular thing they could do.

1 Like

I think the next line of thinking is that the worst people to write the great interactions between these characters are also the same people that would come up with hot Terry, so

1 Like

So have we turned full Tumblr yet?

And though in principle I approve of including Terry as a sole representative, because he’s such an apt combo of beefy masculinity and amiable gameness, I’m thinking of the potential in bringing back Miss X alongside Kyo – strictly in mind of the above conversation. And all the stammering and blushing that will result.

1 Like

I am certainly pro more crossdressig in fighting games.

Honestly I’m not even against gender swapped characters, if they had made Terry cool I would have been completely on board.

2 Likes

Well, there we go.

1 Like

Yeah ok that is good

I’m a little confused what they’re doing with the dual personas, but I guess we shall see!

EDIT: Hang on. Is that Cosplayer Kyoko?

1 Like

The Big Bear.

Every character has like 5 different voice sets to choose from in the character customization so at least one of them probably old Iori.

1 Like

This is a pretty deep cut!

Shame the secrets of anime hair floof have been lost to the ages…

3 Likes

It impresses me, but also sort of saddens me that this is the place they’d choose to dredge her out. Like… don’t you want to let her stand on her own revived merits as a character, in some way, before you put her in a thong?

Oh well. Maybe it’s building toward something?

That they for some reason made brand new art for the entire World Heroes cast for her intro has me just a tiny bit hopeful.

There are rumors at least that all the new characters from Heroines will get added to KoFXIV in a future update.

1 Like

I like how for her trailer she is all in on this farce. No embarrassment, no hesitation. Ready to play and confident that she will look good in anything. I guess there will be some art to change this but it was nice to see if brief.

2 Likes

Could be, since SNK also announced a World Heroes manga will begin serialization soon.

jpg_large

SNK has definitely leaned more into sex appeal though so I’m not sure I’d be surprised if she becomes more sexualized overall in the franchise going forward, not that I was particularly familiar with her anyway. When did she get the whip sword? There is a new SNK Heroines trailer with all the DLC characters so I assume she’s the last one for the time being.

I hadn’t seen rumors about new DLC characters for KOF14 but SNK also just announced they’re releasing a new balance patch for KOF14 next month so I guess it’s possible they’ll go for a third set of DLC characters. The game’s been out for two and a half years and is not as big as it’s peers but SNK has been real good with supporting it’s audience.

2 Likes

It’s that baby mascot that does Jackass stunts on twitter! It’s now in that SNK mobage game that will soon have every variation of every KoF character in it! (I saw a G-Mantle in it!)

1 Like

this is almost definitely fake, but

1 Like

Yeah, looks like someone trying to ape ArcSys’s visual style, which everyone is begging for for every game (“they should just use the guilty gear engine”). I have no doubt it’ll look good regardless though. Samurai Shodown looks fantastic. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in store.

But I do hope they lay off the Max Mode stuff this time. I feel it’s gotten a bit too long and formulaic and I’d prefer a return to the shorter, 98 end of the style. If for nothing else than a change of pace.

Though honestly I think I want a new Real Bout more than anything else! RB2 is feels so fun just to press buttons in.

2 Likes

I know it’s unlikely but I’d almost prefer this:

2 Likes

i’d definitely prefer that, but i’d also prefer snk to remain in business

1 Like