Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81- The King of Fighters XV

Yeah, they did a great job. She fits in just as well as Nelson and the like, and overall is a quality likr we got in the NESTS days. Her backstory is interesting, too. Saudi college student who found a djinn’s outfit and uses it to play at vigilante justice by night.

1 Like

2 Likes

She looks like she has bags under her eyes. Get some sleep Blue Mary! And am I imagining it or does her English sound worse than usual? But I like her escalating yells during the dash attack at :30.

Edit: Some commentary on her by Oda. The 3.0 patch containing the new characters, stage, and rebalance comes out April 12. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/05/fan-favorite-character-blue-mary-joins-the-king-of-fighters-xiv-roster/

2 Likes

Ah, there she is. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I don’t know; Mary always seemed a bit under duress to me, though her positive attitude covered for it.

Though they’ve switched out most of the voice actors, I’m so glad they’ve kept the one who does King and Mary. KOF wouldn’t be KOF without that voice.

Mary seems too tall here. I always saw her as a rather squat lady.

1 Like

Okay, that’s curious. Mary does have a new voice actor – even though her long-time actor is still voicing King! So that’d be why. I overlooked the possibility, because, hey, she was already working on the game, right?

EDIT: Aa yu radii for the source here? Hang onto your spats. (Yeah, he’s still around. Yeah, the site hasn’t changed since before Insert Credit was a thing!)

3 Likes

I wonder if Duck King returned we would be robbed of Kuwata’s incredible portrayal solely to avoid actors voicing multiple characters.

1 Like

SNK re-printing some of it’s greatest posters.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the shop doesn’t ship internationally.

I’m gonna need that '98 poster.

1 Like

They also have some rad new shirts.

There’s also a new trailer for that, uh, not-Gals-Fighters game. I’m not linking it because I don’t care enough, and the more I see of it the more embarrassed I feel, but it’s on YouTube! It’s got Ruby Heart and, er, Toucan Girl in it. No footage of Shermie, though it reminds us that she exists.

Boooooo! It’s Love Heart and CVS3 is not confirmed.

3 Likes

Whoops.

The two should get together.

Love Heart is Ruby Heart’s burlesque persona.

1 Like

I mean, as brain farts go, that one is pretty interesting. Somehow I hadn’t noticed until now: two fantasy pirate ladies with the same surname and a four-letter given name, currently most known for their roles in crossover fighting franchises by the two most renowned rivals.

2 Likes

ALART

2 Likes

Game redeemed

…but in all likelihood it’s probably just Alice from KoFXIV (or more accurately the Fatal Fury pachinko) under alias or something so :gotohell:

Shame if that’s the final roster. Was hoping we’d at least see one more character not in KoFXIV. At least there’s :shermie::shermiesteppin:

He could be the new Miss X.

1 Like

There will be secrets or downloads, I’m sure.

I really don’t know about this game. It would have made sense 15 years ago, around that Dead or Alive beach party game, and Rumble Roses.

I mean, yeah, Miss X. But I guess if they thong out Terry and treat him like all the female characters (and why not?), it’s a gesture toward a kind of balance,

The character select screen artwork for the original KOF 2001 is so good. How did people not like Nona?

1 Like