Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81- The King of Fighters XV

3 Likes

But yeah. I’ve often thought Oswald, King, and Vanessa would make a wonderfully dapper team.

What they really need is to expand to four-person teams again, and give each team a DLC alternate.

Here’s a thing. The new protagonist, Shun’ei, with his weird affinity to this spectral giant that seems affiliated with Verse. Those headphones he’s always wearing. Do they serve a practical purpose, like blocking out something that threatens to drive him mad, or to help him retain control over his power or something?

Or is this just an affectation?

He’s probably just a millennial. They can’t stop listening to their podcasts.

2 Likes

Chillenial

(For China, not chill)

It’s time to get guessing again. Four characters supposedly. It’s a very high resolution picture and you can make out some small details of the silhouettes.

Yeah, so, Najd and Heidern. Then presumably another lady. Hard to tell from this, but Mary and Hinako are on the list. May Lee would be glorious, though.

The best part of these overlapping silhouette teases is people contorting any characters into them.

I think Blue Mary is a solid guess since a finger gun would fit her personality and she had some portrait art of her doing it (although I couldn’t find any spritework of such a thing). Someone did a mockup of it and it’s a solid guess.

9 Likes

the world needs jin fu-ha. now more than ever.

1 Like

Sounds like it may be an online-enabled port of KOF 97?

Yes. China, you know? I think this was one of the main initial stipulations of the company sale a while back.

So far as I know, there are no major enhancements. The draw is supposed to be '97, with online competition. Which I guess is a dream come true for some people.

What’s the silhouette reveal schedule? Last was a fortnight ago, today.

DLC is coming in April so it might be once a month? KOF14’s lead up of a new character every week was great though. SNK has been teasing NISA’s streamed press event tonight but that has to be new characters/info for SNK Heroines.

1 Like

Yes Please

2 Likes

Seems worthwhile.

I haven’t bought a new console since the Wii (which I bought in… 2011?), and for things made after ~2004 I mostly still use the 360. But it seems like Nintendo is getting there with the Switch.

Still think the concept is dumb and fussy, but I get the sense they’re making it really nice for developers, and that developers are responding.

‘Nice for developers’ in this case means, ‘not an overcrowded slaughterhouse’. We’ve seen several indie successes and a much better sustain even for non-hits, but that’s almost entirely due to a launch period and exacerbated by third-party publishers staying away after the WiiU. That window is rapidly closing and should be shut in about six months.

I expect the system will still be a good place for players to buy 2D indie games whose home platform is PC for the next couple years, though I doubt many will focus on it in exclusion of other systems (at indie scale, porting is cheap and odds of success low no matter what so hit all platforms is usually a good idea).

4 Likes
2 Likes

Dad’s back!

And Mary is now a given, right?

Who, her design is really good.

And since SNK voice actors are so important