Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81- The King of Fighters XV

If they do anything with alternate costumes, we can expect them to be paid DLC, likely.

In the South America team’s ending, Nelson Goes to his arm’s manufacturer to get it checked out, and some guys in lab coats are seen observing him from behing a glass pane, commenting on how “he doesn’t suspect anything”

Maxima is pretty fun in this game! Granted, pretty much any version of Maxima would be an improvement over XIII. Would like to see MONGOLIAN back, but I dig the AA max activate combos.

I am back from vacation and the netcode has been patched. Who wants to KOFFFFFFFFFFFFF? I am off of work all the way through Suuuuuuuunday! My PSN ID is PooglyWoogly. I want to plaaaaaaayyyyyy.

1 Like

I think I hate K’ far more than Nakoruru. Trade into death is quite frustrating.

KOF14 right now

KOF14 after the new patch, first playable at PSX this weekend

It’s cool that SNK has kept working on improving the game in such a major way even after release.

4 Likes

Still doesn’t quite look like Kyo yet, but that’s much much nicer. I wonder why they added extra light effects in the background though

My guess? To justify that rim-lighting which makes the hair, face and fingers stand out.

It’s mostly lighting, but it looks like they also subtly adjusted Kyo’s jawline.

Any other updates anyone has noticed?

This will never be right 'til it looks like classic Shinkiro pictures in motion

2 Likes

everyone’s talking about the jawline but i’m noticing that they revamped the shader for the jacket and it doesn’t look made of plastic/vinyl anymore

they are learning about modern materials systems fast

2 Likes

getting my hopes up that the new sam sho will actually look amazing instead of like an HD dreamcast game.

which would also be fine.

1 Like

The eyes and mouth look a little smaller and less exaggerated.

Sylvie comparisons https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/803433912588374017

2 Likes

Whoa. That is definitely different.

1 Like

SO

Guilty Gear Revelator coming to steam but arc is throwing the glove down and asking you to put your money where your mouth is. Last year they released Sign at an agreeable price of about 20 bucks on launch week (The base price is $30)and included all the DLC on the first week. A fair deal for being a year late. This time their going for a full price at $50 with no DLC (65 for a deluxe version) with only 20% discount if you already own Sign. I guess not surprising but certainly depressing.

Bold choice coming out after Nitroplus Blasterz. Super Sonico is going to clean up in the critical December anime fighter PC port window.

2 Likes

I know. I love it! Just a shame it couldn’t debut before KOFXIV.

Maybe we’ll see it with the new update.

Ralf comparison: https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/803766402960146432

I honestly can’t tell how the lighting is supposed to be working here. It doesn’t look that great to me.

I love it! Nice job, SNK!!