1 Like

The best

Opening cinematic:

1 Like

So Kukri is just a 14 year old.

2 Likes

Custom team art and names

10 Likes

So what does the Premium Edition Soundtrack bonus CDs look (sound) like? I don’t have a PS4, but I’m really interested in the bonus stuff, and I’m not sure if I should splurge on the whole thing or try to get the material piecemeal on eBay. Is it worth it if I already have the CDs that came with KOF XIII?

Well, every game tends to have its own unique soundtrack.

What I’ve heard of the XIV soundtrack isn’t thrilling me; it’s sort of that’ll-do background mumble in a vaguely SNK-ish style.

So, I dunno. I wouldn’t be too fussed; the XIII soundtrack is way more interesting to my mind – and the XIII one kind of bores me!

Now, XI – I wouldn’t mind a copy of that one.

Wait, so it’s just the game soundtrack? With three CDs, I was thinking it was more like a sampler of KoF tunes (which is what the CDs that came with XIII were, in a addition to a proper game soundtrack). If it’s the former, though, that makes things easier.

(Amazon says “more than 60 electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world” which sure doesn’t sound like a mere soundtrack, although who knows?)

Oh, I don’t know then. I’m not speaking from experience. The way the question was framed made it sound like it was the soundtrack to the game itself. If it’s more interesting than that, then hey. Swell.

http://vgmdb.net/album/59061

I haven’t paid much attention to the post-2003 soundtacks, but other than the weird thing 2000 did, this is the first time each team has their own ending theme, right?

Edit: I guess not. XIII also did

Apologies for the miscommunication. It’s fixed now, I hope! Thanks for the assist.

I don’t know about individual team or character themes, but I think almost every game has different music for different ending tones. There will be a comedic piece, a serious piece, a wistful piece, and so on.

this song is 100% korean esports league intro material. I love it.

here’s my boy geese doing geese things:

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2016/aug/23/outplayed/

get on steam already

Watching some clips of story mode. So, wait… Is Tung Dying now?

I hadn’t realized how many SNK-universe characters Tung had trained. The Bogards, sure. The new kids. But he trained Geese? And those kids from late-era Fatal Fury? And that tubby guy?

Are all of his students going to band together in the near future?

In typical anime fashion Geese and Jeff Bogard were training together as Tung’s students in the Hakkyokuseiken school. Tung saw the evil in Geese’s heart and chose to pass on the school’s secret techniques to Jeff, prompting Geese to kill Jeff and orphaning Terry and Andy. Cheng (the tubby guy) was also a student alongside Jeff and Geese. Pretty much anyone involved with Hakkyokuseiken is going to have some relation with Tung.

It’s the game’s entire soundtrack across 3 CDs. Not just character themes but also all the vocal tracks, Athena’s JPOP song for this game, story scene BGMs, interstitial music, and special BGMs. I actually like a lot of the music in KOF14! The new Ikari theme is hot stuff.

Edit: Oh, and the artbook’s fantastic.

4 Likes

Some of those Mais remind me of her MI alt costume. I really liked her MI alt costume.

[quote=“Drem, post:720, topic:128, full:true”]
It’s the game’s entire soundtrack across 3 CDs. Not just character themes but also all the vocal tracks, Athena’s JPOP song for this game, story scene BGMs, interstitial music, and special BGMs. I actually like a lot of the music in KOF14! The new Ikari theme is hot stuff.

Edit: Oh, and the artbook’s fantastic. [/quote]

Huh! Interesting… Thanks! Now I’m wavering between just getting the artbook or getting the whole thing and actually helping SNK’s numbers. Silly PS4 exclusivity.

Track listing

Nice case, anyway!