silent hill 2 bloobless dreams

we don’t have one of these yet, do we? who is ready for true despair?

10 Likes

livestream here

2 Likes

this may be a 2ps posting alone thread and so be it if so

i’m in a quarterly zoom listening to my bosses talk about sales funnels right up until this stream starts… the perfect precursor to hating on bad remasters! i’ll be there

2 Likes

i’ll be here

1 Like

no toups

3 Likes

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I probably gotta leave in the middle of it but I’ll definitely be suffering through the beginning with you all!

A simple, faithful remaster of Silent Hill 2 would be kind of nice if done well. It’s such a classic that it’s kind of wild that you just can’t buy it at all for contemporary devices.

But maybe it’ll be a full-on Bluepoint style remake… I can’t see that working out at all. I’m not even a huge remake skeptic, I mean, I played through the Demon’s Souls remake and I didn’t even get mad. But Silent Hill 2 is so of its era, and it so artfully used that hardware, I can’t imagine a full-on remake getting anywhere near the elegance of the original.

What if… they remove the tank controls???

iunno, guess we’ll see what horrors are in store for us

3 Likes

to be fair silent hill 2 was the first silent hill to offer 3D controls as an alternative and they work just as well imo

honestly I feel like bloober team maybe could do a remake alright if they stick to the script or have someone competent directing. not really super hopeful for either scenario but that’s still prob the best we can hope for

3 Likes

the fog is lifting to reveal the opening vista from silent hill 2, removing p much any doubt that a remake is the main part of the event

1 Like

i thought you were gonna be streaming @toups you didn’t tell me this was an ign thing. unsubbed

3 Likes

this music is doing a great job tempering any possible hype I may have

1 Like

it’s not really reasonable to feel this way, but the fact that they might be making a Silent Hill 2 remake without making the others available is so annoying to me. feels like pandering to an audience that has never played SH2 and also doesn’t care about the franchise

like this is for this same person

7 Likes

ok ready to get mad let’s go

4 Likes

silent hill 2: the bathroom

Yup, looks like a full-on remake.

oh cool they’re making james all gravelly. I miss dopey idiot james already

2 Likes

there’s the bloober team logo… I guess it’s cool that ito is involved though

whew this voice over dialog is about exactly as bad as I expected it to be. of course they are treating this like the original was too subtle

3 Likes

disgusting

2 Likes