Tom's Hardware of Finland

buying the high-end Nvidia GPU is also a fool’s game seeing as they’ve consistently replaced it with a Titan model, which then gets replaced by a ti model

x70 sweet spot

now let me tell you about my GTX 470 Fermi space heater

1 Like

x80 Tis and Titans have identical thermals though, they’re just different consumer positioning / different yields

(you already know this)

I’m ambivalent as to whether there’s even a “sweet spot” anymore given that the 1070 costs so much more than I’d ever have spent on a GPU previously

1070s had fine prices

then mining happened

fuck this mining shit for real

1 Like

$450 is still about $300 more than I have ever spent on a GPU

they were actually creeping under 400

then gold rush

while I went back to finish evil within because I was impressed by the gun handling in an evil within 2 trailer my ctrl key quit working, which is a very important key in the evil within. but apparently keyboards now are all 75-200 dollars. incredible the way this works out, ram somehow always stays expensive, harddrives above 3tb don’t seem to ever really get much cheaper, videocards are a luxury for the rich now.

yeah turns out chinese manufacturing costs going up really sucks fuckin hard for the american lower middle class

but anyway refurbished stuff is still cheap, I bought a couple backup logitech k360s on ebay for like $25 recently because I like them so much

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16823816015?icid=WP_0_10142017

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!!

I guess that’ll work. the numpad section of this keyboard also quit working years ago so I can’t even remember what I used to use it for

probably old, but nevertheless important consumer advice itt

2 Likes

BTX we hardly knew ye

I got an 8400 and an ATX board to revive the tower and was all set to just drop it in but ATX boards take more stand-offs! So I ordered a kit that came with the wrong size of stand-off! So I’m waiting until the 6-32s come in on Monday. Don’t be like goofus over here.

be like me kids

hit the corners and let god sort it out

the control pod for my logitech z5500 speakers finally died after like 12 years

1. Not the exact same sensor
  2. Fuck 40 bucks, my last IME was 6 bucks out of a bin full of 'em
1 Like

It was really nice when you could get a Zowie ambidextrous mouse from Monoprice for $20 before they were bought by BenQ.

All of the second hand five button ones I come across look like they belonged to the Marlboro Man.

yeah I just have a lot of affection for that mouse, I had one last 16 years

1 Like