Godzilla

Man I find this really distasteful. It’s not fun hearing about causalties and destroyed houses and lives on the news. But LOL JAPAN I guess.

9 Likes

yeah I can understand wanting to put your best foot forward with levity but let’s be careful how we refer to current world events. we have people from many walks of life here, and that includes people experiencing these events firsthand.

1 Like

Notice how I didn’t write anything distasteful or offensive in my post, instead noting how it is a at least fortunate how they are so well prepared as to minimize casualties. I guess to you the very act of posting this was offensive. To me remaining oblivious to the misery and hardship in the world is. And that’s not very hard to do in the west where we have our cushiony, busy lives and entertainment.

We can sit here and discuss and share about the fictional character that is Gojira and it can be fun and all, but lest not forget it is a metaphor for the fear and awe of natural and nuclear disaster, which Japan has had to deal with. And I was just there this summer, so to me this was particularly up close and personal. I shared this news to inform you and generate a sense of solidarity. Since it was interpreted opposite to my intent, I will delete it.

Ps. If you ever visit Japan, I recommend both the Hiroshima Peace Memorial museum, one of the most touching places I ever visited, and the Okunoin Temple in Koyasan.

Okunoin (奥の院) is the site of the mausoleum of Kobo Daishi (also known as Kukai), the founder of Shingon Buddhism and one of the most revered persons in the religious history of Japan. Instead of having died, Kobo Daishi is believed to rest in eternal meditation as he awaits Miroku Nyorai (Maihreya), the Buddha of the Future, and provides relief to those who ask for salvation in the meantime. Okunoin is one of the most sacred places in Japan and a popular pilgrimage spot.

1 Like

I live here.

11 Likes

Idk, how about sayin’ all’s well?
I think he’s clarified that it wasn’t meant in a bad way, so i think he deserves to be given a heads up, doesn’t he?
let’s put this topic back on track, so how did the new gojira movie so in japan, and will it see a western release?

2 Likes

The soon to be 3 animated ones? I mean they’ve made three of them so somebody is watching them.

the first animated godzilla is okay, doesn’t really pick up until the end
the second is awesome

1 Like

The first one had some cool ideas but was super slow and kinda sucked. Good to hear the second one is better.

I just watched it for the first time and yeah it totally blows it away

wow, there are already three of them?

i’ve been a bit on the fence about the first one, since idk how that concept should work when animated … so i will see whether i give the second one a shot first, and catch up with the first one later if i can wrap my head around an animated godzilla.

1 Like

Thank you.

Gojira is playing soccer these days. Still needs some practice :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

how could they disrespect the big lizard like this

2 Likes

so… is that Big-G, King Gid, Rodan and Mothra?
Because i am so going to watch this, even though i should be wary and careful not to get my hopes too high, but… damn, who knows how often i’ll get another chance to catch a new take on this stuff on the big screen…

yes

1 Like

OK.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m still pretty harumph about this whole thing.

i really liked godzilla 2014 despite it’s plodding, meandering, self seriousness but i think for this one i’m just gonna wait to watch the monster fights on youtube

3 Likes
3 Likes