Godzilla

oops, didn’t realize the youtube link in my old review was down! so it was up at least two years ago, if not longer… better rip a copy of it now, i suppose.

I should have kept up with the sb letterboxd crew!

The following is canon.

1 Like

Well, there’s two actors I’ll watch do anything. Time to put that to the test.

2 Likes

It looks bad but also I enjoyed almost every single shot.

1 Like

Thank Francis Ford Coppola for most of those.

1 Like

UNBELIEVABLE spoilers for Brie Larson’s character. I don’t know how they let this still from late in movie slip through the cracks but I think it proves how versatile an actress she is. She goes through a real transformation over the course of this film!

Don’t scroll if you don’t want a MAJOR SPOILER!!!

Y O U ' V E B E E N W A R N E D O K I F Y O U I N S I S T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

What a chameleon!

Well yeah duh.

1 Like

This movie is fucking great. I loved it. I could write a thousand words right now why I love it.

Here’s one sentence.

The first thing Godzilla destroys is my old apartment.

5 Likes

Oh boy, I am super looking forward to seeing this tomorrow

1 Like

This is being released in the US with subs, right?

Yeah came out today for a week only!

My twitter friends are all confirming they also loved it. We’re all a bunch of weirdos though.

(So SB will also love it.)

This movie was on the plane when I was coming back from the moon this morning, except I was watching someone else’s screen who had English subs on. Every time I looked up to watch a few seconds of it, every line of dialogue that happened was amazing (I would have just watched it myself but I don’t think my better half would have been in the mood for it).

this must feel so good

I’m seeing this on Friday. I am so pumped.

2 Likes

It was pretty perfect. It fit right in with the radical reimagining theme of the Millennium series.

That bonkers final shot reminded me of that “anybody could be Godzilla” sig someone used to have.

I just got home and Shin Godzilla is def

A perfect organism surpassing man!

Every time that big dumb lizard was on screen I had a big dumb grin on my big dumb face.

Dug how the American reboot was about waiting for Godzilla to barf down a Cloverfield’s throat and the Japanese one is about rushing to make sure Japanese-led international cooperation can barf down Godzilla’s throat ahead of American-led international overeach.

Also how obviously Japanese the only important American character was?!

2 Likes

She shares a last name with a former actor/Tokyo Govenor/pieceofgarbage and his brother actor/actor. Doesn’t look like there was a link if there was I was going to start screaming here.

Actually almost no information about her in J. (since I went looking to see if she was related.)

Some people brought kids to my showing.

The kids were restless.

Don’t bring your kids unless your kids are really particular weirdos imo.

2 Likes

a day later and I still have a smile on my face from this film, but also here and on twitter I have another second smile because apparently all my internet friends are also big weirdos that like a monster movie that is 90% people talking about what to do about Godzilla.

2 Likes