Godzilla

First i’d like to memorialize that YouTube autoplay immediately followed that up with Party Hard.

Second, even #5!? I thought I was going to get banned or something for that.

My instinct is that Biolante will be the unrepresented SB darling alongside those others.

1 Like

Specifically the listed 4, after that I fall to Biolante or Return of G / 1984.

Beyond all the kaiju and adjacent stuff that Evangelion incorporates (circling back with Shin), Return hit me over the head repeatedly, seeing how much Hideaki Anno must’ve veined and framed a great deal.

1 Like

biollante at least has one of the best monster effects of all time

2 Likes

here’s where i reveal that i’m a hypocrite and really like the aliens/t2 riff in the middle of destroyah

2 Likes

I think Biollante might be in my top 3. I’m also a bit of a sucker for any of the ones that have Mothra’s fairies or anyone else singing some 60s/70s pop song.

1 Like

Am I the only one that finds the end of Destroyah surprisingly moving?

1 Like

nope

:cryingpig:

2 Likes

I’ve seen like 7 Godzilla movies and most of them have completely blended together in my mind, but the two I really loved were Mothra and Shin Godzilla.

I just did not see Mothra’s bizarre psychedelic magical faerie girl vibe coming at all! I was like, “these movies can be like this!?”

Definitely gonna watch Hedorah soon.

2 Likes

Which one has the dude who yells “Shitdamn I’m Lethal Weapon!!,” because that deserves special recognition.

i think that’s biollante?

1 Like

I think so too.

Agree.

I’d put Godzilla vs Biollante at #5, since the battles in that one are legit awesome in a way I don’t think they ever had the budget to do again.

2 Likes

All the Godzilla is on Japan amazon Prime so I just started Biorante bc of this thread.

What the hell is this?

1 Like

from what i remember, a scientist combines the dna of godzilla and a rose, along with the soul of his dead wife to make a special medicine of somekind? and naturally, it becomes a gigantic plant monster

a story as old as time

7 Likes

Yep basically this but it’s his daughter not wife. Plus there’s a psychic schoolgirl for some reason

1 Like

wait is the stranger things girl gonna be american miki saegusa

1 Like

That movie was definitely one where if you don’t like what is happening wait 90 seconds.

2 Likes

I got the impression they were using her as a stand in for the Mothra fairies, but maybe it’s both

1 Like

Godzilla 2000 rips

2 Likes