SWORDS....SAMURAI SWOOOORDS! In The Select Button Anime Club Gay Watch! 5/21 at 9PM EST!

I’m sure it will find it’s way into our eyeballs through some vehicle

This is probably obvious, but Devilman crybaby is one giant Content Warning. It’s 666% anime@dark.

3 Likes

but it’s yuasa anime@dark and not painstakingly animated jello-breast anime at dark

2 Likes

if Crybaby gets play, I’m just showing Belladona of Sadness one night

MORE VIEWERS

THAN PANZER DRAGOON

NEVER FORGET

Preferable insofar as I think this Yuasa show is pretty bad

4 Likes

Completely incorrect

can we get an official ruling if we’re doing Crybaby on Tuesday? it’ll save me the trouble of corrupting my soul in the search for trash, especially if you want to hold it off for after dark

why would we? it’s brand new and everyone will have already seen it by then

No I am right here I swear

Kemonozume already covered this scene and better

Maybe I’m too fond of the dumb '87 Devilman OVA but I doubt it

Yeah I don’t think we need to watch it on Tuesday

Also if anything past experience has told me that trying to do a whole bunch of one series on one anime club night is not a great idea

see, I thought of this devilman as yuasa fixing the incoherent ending of kemonozume using devilman plot beats

We talked a bunch about saving Crybaby for Anime Club but I guess everyone’s already seen it and now I’ll never watch it so hope you’re all happy! :cryingpig:

i haven’t seen it but i guess i’m watching it now :frowning:

I feel the biggest strength Crybaby has over Kemonozume is that the sex and violence is up on the screen front and center instead of having to kowto to (pay-per-view satellite channel) TV standards.

after just watching the first two episodes, i agree.

that was some pretty great sex and violence also, and i’m very picky about my sex and violence

so tommorow night

an episode of yonimo kimyona monogatari, a “weird stories” anthology series from the early 90s, possibly with hawaiian satellite tv channel ad breaks?
the usual episodes of hikari sentai maskman, sukeban deka ii, and strange dawn
the shadow skill movie, which is actually a 3 episode oav stitched together because those are the methods by which 90s western anime companies rolled

2 Likes

We should find a way to make this happen for more Anime Club features.

2 Likes

as far as i know, skaro hunting society is the only subber that releases anything with vintage ad breaks, and even they don’t do it often (because not many examples exist to release)