SWORDS....SAMURAI SWOOOORDS! In The Select Button Anime Club Gay Watch! 5/21 at 9PM EST!

We’re watching Only Yesterday

there is a 0% chance you’re doing something better than watching this

3 Likes

youwillneverbeready

2 Likes

Toei has announced a new web special to be released as a tie in to Uchu Sentai Kyuranger vs Space Squad.

The special, titled Hero Mama League, will star three previous Sentai actresses (Hurricanger’s Nao Nagasawa, Dekaranger’s Ayumi Kinoshita, and Magiranger’s Ayumi Beppu) returning to their original roles. The characters of Nanami (Hurricane Blue), Jasmine (DekaYellow), and Urara (MagiPink) are now mothers and must balance the struggle of being mothers and protecting the world.

4 Likes

fun fact: only yesterday broke a record for most colors in an animated feature??

2 Likes

GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKERS

THIS TIME, THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS

• A FUCKING MOVIE
  • A FEW COOL SHOWS
  • MUSIC
  • REALLY, REALLY DUMB FILLER
  • GAMBLING
  • ALL OF THE OTHER SHIT YOU SOMEHOW ASSOCIATE WITH ME, LIKE NOVELTY FILENAMES AND VIDEO FAKEOUTS

THIS TUESDAY, 4/17, AFTER THE PROBABLY MUCH BETTER LIVE-ACTION PRESHOW PRESENTED BY LOKI

I’M ALREADY SORRY FOR WHAT YOU’LL SEE

5 Likes

this will probably be how i spend my birthday so there better be no survivors

1 Like

oh well i have another ryeblock ready

unless it’s canceled

Dunno how April’s been in your neck of the woods but its’ been awfully chilly over here. Sapping the life out of everything and everyone. I think what I need to be reminded of what true heat feels like…and what better way to feel that fire than by watching hot-blooded anime!!

vlcsnap-2018-03-20-19h52m45s544

It’s bov night part 2 and our feature presentation is about to begin, right now, on the Wired, at https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub

I don’t know what this is but I bet it’s good!

Hello friends

Now that EVEN WORSE has come and passed, I will take time to write you all a brand spanking new tutorial about getting dumb cartoons to the passionate and varried audience of the anime club

So may have noticed that there’s quite a few choice selections available on YouTube from random uploaders that are only subtitled via YouTube’s built-in close captioning system. While these work (arguably better than the sometimes spotty Drive support as tube software likes YT embeds), let me just interject a stupid opinion:

THAT SHIT LOOKS UGLY AS SIN

Instead of that, we’re going to use some software and our goddamned brains and make a beautiful video together

Let’s get our softwares out of the way:

1. Our good friend Handbrake
  2. Youtube-dl, a nifty program that lets you download from YouTube and a number of other video streaming sites

So, lets start with Youtube-dl. Youtube-dl, despite being command line-only in its purest, barest form, is easy. We just take the url of the video we want to download, slap it on after a call to run the program (from cmd in the folder where the executable is in Windows or in a terminal window) and it does its thing.

Lets use this goddamn pervert dog cartoon as our example:

(note: jesus christ do not actually watch this dumb pervert dog cartoon)

(no, seriously, don’t)

dawg2

So it has subtitles via YouTube CC:

So, if we just up and download the video, we get… a clean video:

44%5D

That’s no good. We need to smash in some commands to grab the closed captioning file used by the player:

dawg3

–write-sub downloads the CC file while --skip-download skips downloading the video all over again, which is nice

Okay, now we have this .vtt file. This doesn’t do us anything! We need to convert it.

There are websites that will let you upload the .vtt and the site will spit out a nice, shiny .srt file. Alternatively, you can use Google2SRT, a program you can download which means you can use if offline (which, uh, I mean I guess but being ofline defeats the purpose of doing any of this) or if you have a ton of CC files to go through.

ANYWAY

Now that we have a .srt, we can go into Handbrake, open the video file (which, again, is clean), import the .srt and burn-in the subs

(Alternatively, if you just wanted a softsub track for your own personal viewing in your player of choice or so you don’t alter the video permanently just quite yet, you can mux the video and subtitle file together with a container tool like MKVToolNix)

And now we get:

20%5D

THAT SHIT IS LOOKING REAL CLEAN

Of course, if you wanted to get fancy and muck with stuff like fonts, typesetting or if you have or want to edit timings, you can always grab AegisSub:

20%5D

creepindog

2 Likes

don’t use your horrible bestiality film as an example

3 Likes

2 Likes

@rye gimme the source for the walking at night video

ryeblock 5 (season 2 episode 1)

manatsu nagahara - asondeiku yo
kokoro auction - semishigure (chapter 1)
the wisely brothers - niwa wo dete
intermission: night walk through nerima ward, tokyo
kokoro auction - natsu no maboroshi (chapter 2)
short: sausage, corn, dog by till finning
for tracy hyde - underwater girl(friend)
kokoro auction - ame oto (chapter 3)

rerun (with bumpers and stuff) available here
5 Likes

A special feature for tonight! Be sure to log in to anime club! Trust me, it’s worth it. If you miss it tonight I will rebroadcast later this week. I expect everyone will want to watch it twice because it is that good

also the live action block is gonna start with some unaired pilots from the 70s

1 Like

What time?

6 pm pst 9 est I think? Depends on how long ryeblock is. (but please log in to watch ryeblock also! Its the best weekly feature of anime club!)

1 Like

THE TIME FOR THE ANIME FEATURE IS IN 15 MINUTES

WE ARE WATCHING LU OVER THE WALL

DON’T MISS IT

https://synchtu.be/r/SBANIMECLUB
https://synchtu.be/r/SBANIMECLUB

3 Likes

all i have wanted to do today is watch lu over the wall again