SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE šŸ’€

yep. iā€™m not that far in, but this is definitely in the macrotemplate of souls gameplay still. not that iā€™m complaining! just think from is by nature an inward-looking entity; they iterate and build on what they know, making meaningful tweaks that keep things feeling fresh.

loving this game so far.

4 Likes

Iā€™m finding the going a little exhausting. In Souls you can kind of plow through regular baddies with a slight bit of care, but here thereā€™s a lot of sneaking and parrying to get back to the boss clash I failed at, and that slog does add up
Think they couldā€™ve been more generous with the Estus equivalent without really compromising the show

3 Likes

makin a lil playlist

I couldnā€™t find the pagoda at all, but I guess Iā€™ll be hell of overpowered when I go back there.

Iā€™ve beaten lady butterfly and Iā€™m about to face off against genichiro

The fact that Iā€™m missing a lot of stuff despite thinking I am thoroughly exploring areas is a testament to the gameā€™s level design.

2 Likes

Does anyone know a good way to get divine confetti

woke up up and beat the boss i was having trouble with last night in one try lol.

1 Like

so, uh, about the snakeā€¦can you kill it? are you supposed to? i hit it with a deathblow in its eye once and it freaked out but then i just followed the path and found another idol. not sure if iā€™m missing anything or not but that part is definitely my favourite so far

4 Likes

FromSoft should have made a Tales of the Otori videogame.
iā€™m not sure those books hold up, but playing this feels so much like reading them as a kid did.

update: decided i wasnā€™t leveled enough to fight where i was, so i did some exploring. found a temple that had another unlockable skill tree, a really fun miniboss with a gimmick that has not been done in any other fromsoft game, which is really cool.

i guess maybe it was a bad idea to play the really hard video game that iā€™m new at while in a bad mood?

edit: something iā€™ve noticed, and correct me if iā€™m wrong here, but it seems like you take posture damage from higher level enemies even on deflection? then upon leveling up, this ceases to be the case?

4 Likes

Spoiler only for the very, very beginning of the game.

Wouldnā€™t it be cool if beating that boss youā€™re supposed to lose to meant you didnā€™t get your arm cut off, Boy still got captured and Wolf injured and you have to play the game without prosthetic/grapple/upgrades?

5 Likes

Anyone know a good method for farming Treasure Carp? Iā€™m hungry for scales.

Are they like the lizards in Dark Souls and you just have to luck out and find them? I always see them deep underwater and canā€™t get to them.

turns out i [hirata estate spoilers] accidentally skipped the shinobi hunter because i was looking for carp in the river and found a grapple point that leads to the little temple and passage through to the burning fortress area. i should probably try to fight him before fighting the boss at the end of the estate now that i can counter spears though

I noticed this after getting to the heavily bamboo-ed area, and was like ā€œwait I couldā€™ve swam forward and grappled here earlier?ā€ I think you could even get toward the end of the Estate but yeah youā€™re gonna need something found at the entrance.

1 Like

Can the fire cow be parried?

Man, I took a side path in the Hirata Estates area and found an enemy chillin on a pagoda who doesnā€™t have a boss name or anything but is kicking my ass over and over all the same.

1 Like

which pagoda and what treasure was the thief guy referring to

Okay this thing is now officially annoying me a lot
Fucking hitbox nonsense seethe seethe seethe

I did enough Nioh to realize this strategy also applies here:

Always be running with this type of charge and wide swinger

As in hold down run to keep movement fast as there is no stamina to be lost, which means you have to be a bit wider with your movements and catch your feet to turn but once youā€™ve locked into the enemy, you can keep a wider berth. Run as many circles around as possible, jump off the walls, the bull itself

As Tulpa mentioned having the Firecracker really gives a ton of free swipes too.

1 Like

Not very spoilery, great item and description:

Edit: alright well the shops have began to unfold and the enemies legit shocked me, hell yes itā€™s happening

3 Likes

When in the village climb on a nearby wall and look towards the fire, youā€™ll see a three floor pagoda to the right, on top of the cliff. To get to it drop right from the bridge with the big dude. You donā€™t even need to get up to the bridge, start from the bamboo thicket idol, climb left, jump and swim under the bridge.