SB 64 part V: the vth vanguard (voting ends october 28!)

it’s a dubious honor but mgs2 is the first kojima game with a textually-confirmed gay couple (vamp and the marine commander lol). raiden is noteworthy for being the only male metal gear character explicitly designed for straight girls to objectify (as opposed to for hideo kojima the homosexual to objectify). emma emmerich is the only character in any videogame i have ever identified with. on the other hand, true metal gear fujoshis always pick the ugly grizzled old men from worse games to ship because we are intelligent and refined.

regardless of actual yaoi content mgs2 is the sexiest, coziest, comfiest, most asmr-inducing game ever made and i love to rotate it in my mind. all that amniotic water and meticulous schematic structure and back-and-forth ritualistic progression and precision stealth and long dulcet-toned codec calls and luxurious sound design and slick flawlessly color graded surfaces and architecture. its tight constraints relative to the “open” later games squeeze the most out of kojima’s design vocabulary. mgs2 makes me want to fuck.

15 Likes