sb 64 part 6: loser's bracket part 1 (voting ends november 8th!)

It’s also wild actually posting about video games on this board for the first time in years.

4 Likes

Now you know this ain’t true. Don’t do me like that, Soup.

1 Like

I know you know what’s up!

1 Like

Also, the dungeons look kind of futuristic to me. I think Arne sums it up pretty well in his game thoughts

5 Likes

This is excellent! If MM overtakes LoZ I think I’ll lend it a switched vote. I think this is the real value of popularity contests, being able to share these thoughts and feelings about why these titles are here.

I didn’t really play LoZ anywhere close to when it came out but was extremely impressed at how it held up as a game to play in like 2014(ish). Especially if you’re just trying to keep track of shit without the internet. Having to form mental lists of places to look and go once you’d figured stuff out was good but the storage of these lists mentally also meant that you’re placing so much else in the imagination yet to be explored. The game feels much bigger than it’s constituent parts boil down to and I don’t just mean in terms of space.

Arne’s art work in that post really highlights how much imaginative space there was in games where the concept art is just bounds ahead of what could be technically delivered at the time. However, we each interpret it differently and I think original LoZ’s nooks and crannies design encourages that actively.

4 Likes

I love Baba because of how elemental its interactions are and what a goldmine of ideas it is. Its core verb feels more like general change than pushing or even moving. “Being” is more continuity of control than whatever metaphor is presented onscreen.

2 Likes

why are so wrong about sonic select button?

3 Likes

I love Sonic but I guess this is the morning that I kill my childhood idk. I should mess around in Mania today just to remember who I am. I should be grateful that He has triumphed over the MCU.

1 Like

i have and will vote for the good sonics

1 Like

Friends of Shin Megami Tensei: Noctourne

6 Likes

I haven’t forgotten my promise. I will switch to LoZ if MM pulls ahead.

sonic sucks, death to all sanics

1 Like

The Zeldas tied!

the only fair outcome here is to disqualify them both

1 Like

That does seem like it would be a neat twist for the loser’s bracket.

Metly blood!!!

@captainlove said that they were going to switch votes to Zelda the 1st if that makes any difference.

1 Like

I had to sleep so missed the final deadline but if it’s allowed I’d like to switch my vote from MM to LoZ given that it’s a 50-50. I have been swayed by the great stuff people shared.

2 Likes

The happy mask salesman is setting up behind the lawn care garage right now.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I’m super late and disappeared! I’ve been depressed and playing Spelunky 2 a lot. Everything I would’ve voted for lost!!! But I would have voted for Majora’s Mask so I would be pleased to spread some chaos after closing time.

Thank you for doing this @anonymous! Youse a star.

5 Likes