Run And Jump And Slash

Re: Shield and Weapons in General
I’m not sure what I’m going to do in general (e.g. will there be explicit puzzles or combat that needs the shield? IDK), but I do know this: I have Sword, Axe, Whip, and unarmed ‘weapons’ for the mainhand, and the backhand has Shield, Gun, and ‘unarmed’ as well. Playing through CotM2 and a bit of Dracula X (I need to figure out how to get Rondo in my life), I really like the idea of subweapons. And specifically re: Shield — I really like the idea of a Zelda 2 style shield. Will it be a subweapon? IDK. This is probably why I’m hesitant to move into enemy/level/encounter design. If the shield is a subweapon then I have to balance it so that every encounter can be solved w/ a shield, but also… solved with everything else? IDK how CotM did it other than, you know, doing it, so… that’s where I’m at.

Re: Toki Tori 2
I’ve never seen this game, but it looks real cute. I can’t tell how they show the background of a stage as a preview for the next, so I can’t say I’m doing the exact same thing, but I do like the idea of showing the future in anticipation (or the past in reflection), so… maybe? The visual storytelling via the gameworld is pretty important to me!

1 Like