Run And Jump And Slash

A mockup intro. I think I’ll be replacing the repeating city blocks with silhouettes of each stage so it’s very much like the original Cv - but more uh ‘diagetic’ lol.

Edit: also for the people who have tried the movement system out — I swapped the “hold down” to run faster on a landing to “hold jump”. It feels a lot better

And since I have 5 minutes before lunch, a few ideas for levels not in a strict order, but kinda in order:

Foggy Canyon
Forest
Hill (constant incline, rolling things, etc)
Barricaded Town
Cathedral
Catacombs (fakeout fall)
Sewers (bigger fall)
Mechanical Castle “Legs”
Chapel
Observatory
Viewing Room

I think I want to give the player an option to pick any of the weapons (or no weapon at all), and then partway through the game rip them away (maybe after the Cathedral?). The next stage is melee and/or running and looking for loot. This’ll let me have a “spectacular magical weapon” which is essentially just the same as one of the starters just… bigger damage multiplier. I’d like to make you feel more powerful as you take on the second ascent into the castle proper – repeat enemies, etc. I kind of love the idea that the second half of the game you might have a different weapon? That kind of seems masochistic, but I really love the concept of embarking on this quest with a whip and then finding a holy axe in the catacombs? Maybe there will be multiple spots to look for special weapons along the way? I just am in love w/ this concept that it’s not perfect along the way…

9 Likes