REDACTED [Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Remix] - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Thread Extended

I’m enjoying maining ness a lot and I feel like I’m getting pretty decent with him.

I’ll try to remember to post my friend code here when I get home.

Really been enjoying watching tournament level play of this game. I feel like they really knocked it out of the park. It’s got a few sort of janky things about it but it’s easily the best smash game since melee imo. I actually prefer many things about it to melee too.

It’s way more approachable than Melee and it doesn’t hurt my hands nearly as much. Tournaments are really fun because there’s a ton of variety, in contrast to Melee’s relatively stagnant cast. It’s a cool game!

been playing a lot at a friends place, i really enjoy snake and shulk. snake is the projectile character melee should have had and his whole kit works really well together, and i enjoy the hell out of his dash attack. you can do real sneaky stuff with grenades and sticky -> mortar -> missile. shulk is a new one, i didn’t expect to enjoy sword characters ever, but i love a character with a good wheelkick (backslash), i love when up-b is an actual damage dealer, and the different arts make it clear there’s a lot to learn to use him effectively which i enjoy.
i thought i would main wolf but i actually find him kind of clunky in my hands. i guess i expected harder-hitting fox mostly, and he’s a different sort of beast, slower.

fun game. now if they could buff some of the more interesting members of the peanut gallery

I have been trying to get back into Snake, but I am constantly thrown off by the change to his down smash, which used to plant a mine. I’d say it’s the most I’ve ever been thrown off by a change to a character’s kit, except I’m still startled when Mario pulls out F.L.U.D.D. rather than doing a spinning attack.

120 hours in: oh you can sell items from the inventory screen

I don’t know what sort of person would put together a frame data spreadsheet of OOS options for every character in a game with a roster this size, but I’ll take it.

Yes that is a very good spreadsheet I should have posted that earlier!

Hey that’s OK. Almost half the people online don’t play Wolf.

i just wanted to play a top tier for once :angrypig: :cryingpig:

JOIN :clap: THE :clap: PLANT :clap: GANG :clap:

I should start up airing out of shield as ness at low percents

It’s like when you unlock new abilities by finding ancient scrolls, but it’s real life and there’s math.

I wish.

I’ve discovered the joys of Being Bowser. People just run right into him and get slammed.

They are like Kid Icarus, dash dancing too close to the sun.

dash dancing is so annoying and imo useless 90% of the time in this game. too many people are still jerking off to melee.

(I honestly find it even more annoying in melee and I kind of hate that it’s a useful technique in that game)

The problem with dash dancing in Ultimate is that you get stuck in the dash animation without being able to shield, so it’s a dangerous option. It can still get you openings you wouldn’t otherwise get by baiting out attacks, but it’s not nearly as useful as Melee, true.

I do like it in Melee, though; it helps with timing mixups and taking aggressive stances without huge commitments. Without it aggressive tempo play wouldn’t be nearly as strong. I think you’d need to replace it with something or the game might become too defensive.

i think the lowered importance of dash dancing is one reason i enjoy this game more. im an old coot, let me just park my butt and wait for the attack

This game strikes a good balance. Smash 4 struck a worse balance, where at low to mid-high levels of play, sitting still was the optimal action so it devolved into a game of “whoever attacks first loses”.

I think my preferred game would be somewhere between the two. I’d love for better movement options in this game, but I don’t want to have to double shine or ledge stall or L-Cancel ever again.

i will always think L-canceling sucks
any tech that is always good and has to be executed like 800x per game, is bad imo