Racoon City

I played 10 minutes of REmake last night and there is enough going on that we should have a thread.

@botagel The biggest obstacle I can think with playing RE1 now is that it looks too primitive to hold any tension. Like all the Alone In the Darks look like low poly goofiness now with no lighting.

@sleepysmiles REMake is pretty good! Y’all know I like dunking on Dead Space and man that this game has tension of where the next monster is going to come from. In 10 minutes of playing I already had several clips of ammo so oh well. This is also not my first rodeo so I know roughly when to and not to kill the zombos.

@km Man that knife is useless right? Good lord! It is an insult it is a inventory slot.

Hi @LaurelSoup!!!

1 Like

Uhhh probably sure

I have never played a resident evil game so I’ll take your word for it

did you mean to @ someone else

I don’t think it’s as spooky as it might’ve been when it came out, but the resource management and fragility of your character – and yes, the deliberate tank controls – still make it a fairly tense experience.

3 Likes

Are you rocking the GC version? I remember that looking pretty gorgeous in that dramatically lit plastic-y Doom 3 kind of way.

Which character did you go with?

I’ve played most RE (up until 4) many times, but REmake is one of few games I’ve gone double digits.

The message that accompanies this (for beating Invisible Enemy Mode) is one of the best clear rewards ever.

4 Likes

I used to say it was the best remake of a game ever, having such a visual upgrade that went beyond meeting current standards to being outstanding. And keeping it’s core intact while building upon all previous elements so NICELY.

Another RE should’ve implemented Crimson Heads, or something similar.

I don’t get jumpy with them but damn those boiler rooms at the end never fail to get me tense.

this is one of my favourite games but im really bad it at it and always get stuck.
i reinstalled it yesterday

PS4.

Note they ruin the pacing with PS4 OS load screens

Start Screen
RESIDENT EVIL
load bar
Enter the Survival Horror
Load Bar

Enrer the Survival Horror is one of the best things A game has ever greeted the player to.

2 Likes

Crimson Heads are my favorite addition to RE.

1 Like

so the goal of these games is to shoot as few zombies as possible, right?

2 Likes

For REmake and RE it is more choosing who you have to kill and who you can run around.

These games are perfectly designed around playing over and over so that you eventually know exactly how murderous you can be at any given time. That’s why they added the literal X Factorof Mr. X in RE2. The Nemesis in 3. The crimson heads in REmake and Code Veronica fucking sucks who cares.

Play somewhat conservatively and you wil be fine. Don’t be afraid to use your powerful stuff though.

I think you have enough ammo to kill every single enemy in every game, unless you play RE1 Director’s Cut Arrange mode Chris IIRC. The beauty of the series though is that you always feel never loaded enough, there’s always this possibility of running out.

With certain enemies though, it’ll be a trade-off between health and ammo for stronger weapons.

I am completely stuck wtih Chris! I got a jewel, an emblem, i used the sword key.

i on the other hand, am become Bazooka Jill and i fear nothing anymore.

1 Like

(i wont autoplay because that’s rude but you should definitely play this while you read/post itt)

3 Likes

music playing

I have three ink ribbons, the shield key, and a rusty crank… all the doors are locked. Forest is Dead. not much ammo left. where do I go…

Crap does Forest have something on his body?

I made a lot of progress right after posting because I looked at a walkthrough and found the dog whistle. I had run through that room 3 times so that whistle is in a terrible location to be noticed.

in the original Forest has the bazooka on him; see:

though i haven’t used it much. I have enough handgun ammo now to kill all the zombies in the mansion but i think im at a point where i need to go outside…

This game’s really cool, it has a neat mood even if it’s not very scary.

1 Like

There’s RE save room tunes
And Souls character creation tunes
What else is so perfect in mood/tone

hear, hear