Quick Questions XIV: A Question Reasked (Part 1)

OK sounds like all of them support it but the UI to do it is a bit buried so I assumed they couldn’t 🤷

It’s really dark and the humor works – don’t be put off by the light coat of 50s-era mass culture parodies. Its social and political commentary may be on the nose, but I’d rather that than BS about being ‘apolitical’.

Who is playing the Witcher 3 on Switch? So, is it true (as it was written in the former thread) that it’s quite ugly in portable mode (and more so than docked, which has higher resolution)?
Having also a PS4 Pro, should I give up the convenience of playing it portably, and get it on the sony console?

I think it looks pretty good in portable mode, but it just isn’t HD. I got used to that after a while. Very, very cool to play such a game on a handheld.

Docked looks sharp to me, but my TV only outputs 720p. The lighting looks very nice, but the quality of texture work is inconsistent.

In both modes, expect a variable framerate between roughly 20-30 fps.

I think that texture detail for faces was prioritized over that of environments, and in docked mode, this inconsistency can be jarring during conversations that occur indoors.

remember that splinter cell game where you execute your boss in a basement to buy yourself fifteen more seconds of cover with the terrorist organization John Brown’s Army

4 Likes

Is there anything neat you can do with a Wii Balance Board? There’s a near-new one that’s been sitting in the free bin at work for a few days

1 Like

You can use it as an internet-synced bathroom scale. Not nearly as fit for that purpose as devices designed for that though

We had a Wii balance board that we only used once, and brought it to a small recycling shop as part of a big pile of electronics scrap last year. They gladly accepted most of the scrap for free at a glance, but when they saw the Wii balance board they were visibly dismayed and insisted on charging $20 for the disposal

1 Like

see how bad of an idea it is to play super monkey ball on it

1 Like

thoughts on NHL game to play?

sorry but it’s true

as for the question about megathreads earlier, discourse hates them so much that the whole reason I had to go to 2GB of memory for this server was because it would run an uninterruptible redis/postgres operation on all the big threads once a day and slow the site to a crawl while it did that

I think 5000 is the default limit but the maintainers clearly aren’t even a fan of that use case

i don’t really like “megathreads”, anyway, it gets to a point where you’re just going to wind up skipping over a huge chunk because nobody is going to read 4,000 posts if they weren’t in the thread from the beginning.

1 Like

Who wasn’t here from the beginning

Are you referring to “new posters”, god forbid

…I literally read through every megathread from the begging.

I may not be a new poster anymore, but I was then.

I admit, I have a strange compulsion to sift through website archives however.

i meant people who don’t read a thread from its inception. i rarely read through most threads. i have zero desire to go through several hundred or thousand posts. :man_shrugging:

b&

if a thread is longer than 20 posts, then fuck it i’m not reading all of it.

You mean you’re not obsessively reading every new post on here as it pops up?

1 Like

ill read all the new ones but fuck reading old shit i already name searched, the past is DONE

also ugh ID TO REPLY TO EVERYTHING itd be awful for everyone involved!

I was mostly joking I don’t read everything either.