Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I dunno about you but if I’m playing a game to kill every npc I meet, ‘causing chaos’ sounds like a badge of honor?

Anyway, I’m being disagreeable about this really because dark messiah’s campaign sucks and the only good part is when you get to one of those dense open arenas where you can kick orcs into fire pits.

dishonored definitely penalizes you for not being stealthy but it doesn’t really penalize you at all for favoring a more lethal playstyle (although the non-lethal mission objectives are the more interesting ones, and probably help suppress your chaos level). I think this works, generally; trying not to kill anybody means omitting at least a third of your toolset for no reason other than to make the game slightly more difficult. ample use of springrazors and windblasts alongside branding of heretics is objectively the most you can get out of one playthrough.

it’s so invested in being open ended that you have to set a lot of arbitrary rules like that for yourself in order for it to be challenging at all but once you get on its wavelength it largely all works.

Dmmam has the most trashy paperback fantasy novel storyline I have ever experienced in a video game and I find that exceptionally charming

does dishonored 2 have anything like the first ones more interesting and dramatic final level if you play it the way it told you not to the entire time

Is there any difference between the new 3DS and the new 3DS XL, apart from the screen size? Some people seem to say that the XL screen looks worse, should i just get the smaller version?

It’s just that the pixels are blown up to absurd proportions so everything looks more noticeably aliased

yes, this is true. I recently traded in my xl for a new 3ds and feel content now

what are good pc controller options right now? is a wired 360 controller the least hassle or does this ds4windows thing work nicely?

Wired 360 controller is the absolute least hassle. It is natively supported by most PC games in the last five years.

Xbox One controller + micro-USB cable is functionally the same. You can purchase a wireless adapter for the old model of Xbox One controller. The most recent model of the Xbox One controller has native bluetooth.

Steam now supports the DS4 natively i.e. it treats it as a Steam controller, translates its inputs into XInput and allows you to map the gyro and touchpad to various functions like the Steam controller. Some recent games such as Titanfall 2 support the DS4 natively. The DS4 windows wrapper also works if you want to avoid Steam.

The Steam controller is too weird to use for games designed with a right analog or Dpad in mind, but is nice for games you would normally play mostly with a mouse, e.g. Civ, Cities Skylines, Stardew Valley, XCOM 2, etc.

3 Likes

thanks, I just bought one as I didn’t know this before and felt like doing a black friday thing

It should be noted that Valve wrote their own driver for the DS4 and as such, you can use any BT connection for it to work wirelessly

I did not know this but as I imagine it’d be a pain to re-pair back to the PS4 from the PC and I’ve needed a fourth sportsfriends-compatible controller for ages, I will not cancel my bonepad

I prefer the bonepad (ahh much better) to the DS4 on fit/finish grounds, too.

Do you need gyro for Sportsfriends? Bonepad lacks gyro.

no, I just need something they’ve written a driver for (they did a lot of weird custom work for whatever reason), which is only PS3/PS4/360/Bonepad

I… actually can’t remember the last time I had to re-pair my DS4

I’ve used it with the Steam beta wired and it keeps synced with my PS4 wirelessly after I unplug it

I guess the bonepad is cool. they got rid of the thing where one of the sticks click constantly on certain directions, right

wait, so, I can keep it paired wirelessly to a PC and the PS4 at the same time?

does anyone have the original, black and white version of the link’s awakening overworld tileset? i can’t seem to find it anywhere

i’m guessing just taking the DX tileset and making it grayscale wouldn’t result in the right luminosity values

Where can I buy PSP batteries that work for longer than 30 minutes?

There are only four colors to worry about so the dx tile set can probably be converted by hand easily

Hmm, theoretically you could load DX in a non-color gameboy emulator to check your work, too, it was a cross-platform black-cartridge.