Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Well, most of the ones with touchscreens to support phone-based OSes are just a screen with no anti-theft. I think this one actually does have a removable face plate, but I’m unsure if that would be a good deterrent. I’m trying to find a good way to make it hard to mess with - nasty glue or an annoying security screw - but it may just not be worth it.

What a time to be a thief

1 Like

The more vanilla solution for that is just a mount like this:

There’s also a wireless charging variant if your phone supports that.

1 Like

Heck yeah, that’s what I’ve got now. I got a rental car with CarPlay and now I’m thinking about french vanilla, y’know.

I just installed the wireless charging variant in my car yesterday!

My only problem so far is that it seems to vibrate a fair bit (windshield attachment). That’s kind of distracting as I’m driving

Ah, I’m using the one that slots into an unused CD slot and it comes with a little shim.

1 Like

Yeah, my CD slot is too low and my vents are too narrow, unfortunately.

1 Like

Anyone used these before? Are they any good? I’m not expecting top-notch controllers for $13 but I at least want them to be decent.

my experience with a lot of the offbrand saturn USB controllers is that the face button sensitivity of all things is really bad

I would strongly recommend getting one of these instead so you’re no longer limiting yourself to the universe of native USB controllers

(the $20 for 2 controllers that it costs is a lot less than the price penalty between most good USB saturn controllers and regular ones)

I would be more tempted by the adapter if I didn’t only have one Saturn controller at the moment, as I’m planning to bring it to work so I can play shmups on my work PC (during my lunch break)

do what I did, use it as an excuse to get a 3D controller

i had a knock off usb saturn thing and the d-pad fell out
did those retrobit ‘official’ pads get a release date?

I got a spiel from Retrobit at a con that they’re targeting 2019 but it was super vague.

1 Like

What the fuck is a megajet??

1 Like

it’s a nomad without a screen, apparently it was available on some japanese commercial flights as an amenity and was used as the base for the nomad in the US

5 Likes

Anyone have any knowledge of 3ds Homebrew? I’m having some issues with running apps thru ninjhax. They just send me back to the Homebrew menu. I had to put the bootsomething file from luma on my sds root to fix a 3ds booting bug, might that be the issue?

thoughts on the value tiers of this RPG Maker bundle?
$1 for XP
$8 for VX
$15 for VX Ace
$50 for MV (no way jose)

2 Likes

Buy the one dollar or fifteen dollar level if you want to get into RPG maker. XP and VXAce both have pros and cons but VXAce is a straight up improvement over VX.

And while mapping and eventing are a bit easier in VX, XP has a lot of flexibility.

If I was going to recommend a tier overall, i’d Say get VXace. It’s the friendliest starting point, has a ton of very active support, and a lot of ways to easily expand it.

I’m one of the weirdos who likes MV a lot, but I would not pay fifty for it unless you knew for sure your going to use it. It’s really just VXAce with a lot of really cool features and a higher resolution which is kind of a mixed blessing.

3 Likes

Every time RPG maker goes on sale I want to make an RPG

I don’t have any ideas for one, mind you, I just really want to make one.

3 Likes

Same

Think I will go with the $1 option, the feeling will surely pass

lewd

only really want it to make shitty fetish games anyway

2 Likes