PokéSouls II: Kali got her shit together

Played some tonight and y’all these Pokémon get fucken wild

2 Likes

There will probably be a new update tomorrow! Wrapping up the art for it, finished up all the new splash art for our Pokémon today. We will see after this gym, but I might implement some more rules onto this thing to toughen it up a bit more, who knows!

3 Likes

keeping the dream alive

Been off the button for a hot minute mostly cause of post-grad depression but I do plan to come back to this fear not

3 Likes

So I’m working on some redesigns and re-examining how to change the format of this to work with where my life is currently at but here’s a sneak peek into BBP’s evolutionary line, cause the update will feature them! They will look different though

Also I’ll start showing up elsewhere soon enough but I’ve got a hot few thousand too many unread posts at the moment lol

9 Likes

Also it was so incredibly fucking unlikely that Beedrill would end up with their normal typing (in reverse order which I mean, no mechanical difference but there’s a difference in flavor there) I’m in awe

Hell yeah! That rocks so much, only making it my wallpaper is not enough

1 Like

Oh also I somehow didn’t mention even though I said it in my brain this arts from 3 months ago when I was planning to do this update originally, which is the reason I’m gonna redesign these spooky bugs

2 Likes

Despite the odds, she’s actually doing this again, after not being on the forum and not doing art for another few months! Update 3 finally coming tomorrow.

Here’s a screencap of the composition sketch, Just be warned I’m going to be getting very digimon with designs now

7 Likes

so you’re improving some of them 20 fold?

2 Likes

Part 1: The Return of the Pokétariat

We’re back, baby! And now we have a team name, just to be extra obnoxious!

So it’s been an extremely hot minute! Even though this is only Part 2 and like nothing has happened, let’s do a quick recap anyways, also because this one is sort of short given that the new developments in it happened 6 months ago, so I only have a hazy memory of them. So then, first lets recap:

• We think Pokéballs are immoral and are gonna destroy the Pokémon League and their creepy animal-capturing-and-fighting ring with a movement built on respect, friendship, and bashing the shit out of fascists on the way
  • We made our first friend in Blue BP (@BLUE_BLACK_PURPLE), who was a ghostly cloud worm.
  • Quickly upon starting our adventure alongside Blue BP, we met Sage Grimm (@SageGrimm), a ghostly ice-slug.
  • With our new friends, we travelled to Accumula Town, and met both a mysterious man with similar views to our own, N, and Team Plasma, some LARPers who either also agree with us or are CIA plants? they’re the Proud Boys
  • Also we have a childhood friend who definitely thinks Pokémon are property and his name is Cheren and he is a nerd and he deserves to get dunked on at every opportunity.

Now that we’re caught up, what has happened since then?

• While wandering the woods of Route 2, we had a sparring match with an energetic shrub-dog A Ground/Grass type Shinx. They had so much fun that they decided to join our cause; so welcome Slugger (@SLUGGER) to our merry band!
  • While we were walking through the woods, a mysterious wind blew in, wrapping Blue BP in a cocoon of leaves Ghost/Grass Kakuna. They took a much-needed nap after that!
  • Reaching Striaton City, it turns out the gym leader is a coward and was giving a lecture at some school? Indoctrinating the youths, apparently.
  • The leader had already left before we got there, conveniently, but we did get to shove Cheren into a fucking trashcan
  • After defeating our ‘friend’, Blue BP awoke, and erupted from their cocoon with their final form Poison/Bug Beedrill! Looking more powerful than ever, we are ready to take on our first gym.

Don’t know when the next one of these will be, but I know I’m going to be doing them again! And uh, I’m going back to doing Pokémon breakdowns the way I did on my half-playthrough of Blaze Black 2, with screencaps and some opinions, cause it’s way easier and teaching takes up, a lot, of my time!

I’m more excited by this maybe than I’ve ever been so I definitely will do more of these and stick with it this time

Mechanics Talk

Slugger

They’re low level but they definitely have a lot of physical bulk and special attack, so I’m extremely excited about them! Who knows what future evolutions will hold with stats and types and moves though, so we can’t say a lot other than they seem strong!

Sage Grimm

They haven’t changed much since their entrance, but they did get a STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) attack, so that’s really good. And it’s not physical, which is also good, because their attack is hot garbo. They’re pretty all-around, right now at least, other than that stat, though.

Blue BP

They got a big stat boost from the whole evolving thing! They definitely have way more HP than our other Pokémon, and they have strong moves, and they’re a mixed attacker! I actually would love to keep them as a mixed attacker, and it’s not just because I decided to design them with a sword and an arm cannon, but that definitely is a part of it!

12 Likes

The next one is depressing, for the record

3 Likes

Bring it, I can handle it

2 Likes

Okay. Soooooooo

• I don’t have any of the data for this one anymore
  • I don’t remember what the fuck happened in the play update I didn’t post but I’m pretty sure everyone but Slugger died
  • Despite myself I wanna play one of these . . . again! Because they’re my comfort food! Deal with it! Maybe I won’t fall off the horse so fast this time, 'cause I don’t even have a job to take time from me and oh god did it take time from me

The game I will be playing is Heart Gold. If the first option wins, then I’ll be playing the regular game for the same reason I played the regular White for this one - knowing nothing is already extremely fucking hard. If any of the others win, I’ll be playing Sacred Gold, the Drayano hack of Heart Gold - I’ve talked about their stuff before, makes the game harder, rebalances things, makes every Pokémon catchable, makes gym leaders legit fucken threats.

Anyway thanks thats all

• Another batshit crazy over-randomized monster
  • A more reasonable randomizer that just changes what Pokes we see
  • An Egglocke - this one requires audience participation to start up
  • A regular Nuzlocke
  • Why are you once again, on your bullshit, please stop and get help

0 voters

2 Likes