Please, Carcassonne Was My Father's Name: The Board Game Thread

Dixit and Codenames are both good with 4 or more. Two is a toughie though yea. Patchwork maybe?

I think Quirkle is a good game for two players

For playing Netrunner I actually highly recommend playing though http://www.jinteki.net/ as it’s really good.

Good Party games that I’ve played with 3-4 people:
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Lords of Waterdeep
Pandemic
Love Letter
Sushi Go

2 Player Games:
Magic the Gathering
Netrunner
Card Wars
Lost Cities
Most other card games tbh

Ya’ll have the laxest definition of party games

1 Like

yeah never invite me to one of your “parties” lol

Two player party game is a bit of an oxymoron, shrug

There is a reason why I didn’t label my Two Player Games as Party Games.

Warhammer 40,000
Case Blue
Twister
Boxing (Kingsbury variant)
Hide and Seek
Competitive Long-Distance Endurance Swimming
World Domination

1 Like

Would have been pretty sick if this is what video games had become tbh

1 Like

1 Like

Campaign for North Africa is 8-10 players which obviously makes it the ideal party game

3 Likes

60000 Minute Playing Time

Never stop partying.

2 Likes

Anything here I should grab?

http://www.adventgames.com.au/Listing/Category/?categoryId=4557063&page=1&sortItem=3&sortDirection=0

Hive is an ok abstract game. I know lots of folks like it a lot but I found it too dry myself (if I want that kind of brain burning I would rather just play chess). Don’t get Codenames Deep Undercover. It’s the dick joke version meant to appeal to cards against humanity jackoffs. Last Will is a decent worker placement game with a clever, well integrated theme. Broom Service, I made a long post about it earlier. Isle of Skye by the same designers as Broom Service, is a great tile-laying/auction game. I like it more than Carcassonne tbqh.

There are certainly others that are good, but these are the games most fresh in my mind.

Hanabi (one of the few co-ops that works around the quarterbacking problem)
Tash Kalar (wizard go)
Hansa Teutonica (high conflict network building)
Town Center (Alban Viard spatial brain burner)
Steampunk Rally (has one of the best implementations of dice I’ve seen in a game)
Kanban (Lacerda’s best, tight and fast paced single-worker WP)
Tin Goose (decent auctions and network-building game)

In other news, played the new edition of 1846 Monday night. Descriptions of it as 18xx the eurogame are not incorrect. Enjoyed it and would play it again, but 1860 is what I’ve really been liking lately.

1 Like

just glancing through i’d be pretty surprised if almost any of these prices are better than what you could get on amazon or whatever

I’m in Australia, nothing is cheap from Amazon (especially shipping)

oic

I went to my local game store and they were having a sale so I impulse bought el capitan (the 2008 euro game) and via nebula. Has anyone here played these games? They seem to fill in a gap I had in my collection: mid weight area control and lightweight martin wallace game. I hope they both play well