Output Devices

2 Likes

I’m coming for the puppet man

4 Likes

cool

MoFi would sell you Beta/VHS tapes with PCM encoded albums in the early 80s. A forum post suggests maybe their release of Donald Fagen’s The Nightfly might be the first widely available digital format release of a fully digitally recorded album?

5 Likes

digital video cassette is absolutely the way donald fagen’s “the nightfly” was meant to be heard

2 Likes

oh my

11 Likes

Does anyone have any cool project ideas for these handheld tvs now? They’re constantly popping up for like $2 at thrift stores.

my actual early portable-lcd opinion is that the screens are atrocious in an uninteresting way

but like the cases look cool all devices should be game boys

1 Like

I’m not sure what the deal was regarding refresh rate or whatever else but I love the end result with those ghostly black and white screens. Old camcorder eyepieces have that same effect too.

i changed my mind you are right

JVC CX-V9, 198?

7 Likes

In the 80’s, my step-brother had this massive boom box that had a little CRT TV built in. I think it was black and white and used the radio antenna to pick up UHF/VHF signals.

Edit: it was something like this. Look at this monster!

8 Likes

what a cutie

Sony FDT-5BX5 (1993)

and here in the wild with his family including the special KV-25th (1994) on the right

11 Likes

NES SE/30

1 Like

What the heck i missed meeting a Victor?

i apologize

9 Likes

so clean

yeah yeah i get it pal sure 4 track mono reduced tape speed color me underwh…* hears audio from the tape *

9 Likes
1 Like

Yeap, exactly my reaction to title and contents. Those hours of shoe shopping with mom soundtracks are gold.

1 Like