Optimistic Struggle Road

Probably usually early level music. Myabe boss music. Maybe strings are important?

Weatherbeaten Town, by Michiru Yamane, in Gungage.

2 Likes

My first thought, but you have to wait a while for the optimism.

1 Like

This was the first thing that popped into my head

1 Like

this might just be me, but I somehow never felt as content with overworld/map music than i did w/ that:

… but is it optimistic?
I can’t tell, tbh. I felt great when roaming around that place, even though covered in fog & all.

so.
optimistic. struggle. road.

……… ok, not taking the “road” bit so seriously now!

well then, this is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pxsqzGwl1o always will remember how i finally wrapped my head around how to _play_ this game in this stage/dungeon, and _for the first time_, understanding how you have to play a tri-Ace game. One of my all-time fav gaming moments, and after struggling (a _lot_) in this game, it was somewhat of a turning point.
1 Like

Hollow Light of the Sealed Land from Trails in the Sky starts as a foreboding dungeon theme before the game’s main theme enters the melody and it takes on a more heroic tone (it’s the theme of the final dungeon).

Maybe the arena and Ifrit themes from Mobius Final Fantasy? Might be too much optimism.

Same questions on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius’ “Onslaught” and “Celestia Battle”.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Dang, I already have some Mobius Final Fantasy stuff here. Oh well, here’s another one I just encountered.

(after 1:30)

appropriate or nah??

Eerily optimistic struggle road