On a log game kid (Analogue Pocket)

The Analogue pocket is good actually.

3 Likes

oh shit mine’s getting ready to ship as of this morning

i have four devices that can play gameboy games of some stripe, but only my gamecube game boy player still works reliably, which can be nice but isn’t the optimal way to play these things (and looks pretty shitty on my LCD TVs ngl). i’d considered getting a refurbished gba or something but that shit was getting expensive enough that getting this made sense to me.

i have a final fantasy iv advance save i’m eager to return to

2 Likes

I’d kill to get a landscape version of the analogue pocket since I never liked the portrait dmg-to-pocket-to-color orientation but my “daily driver” is an sp so i guess i have inconsistent preferences

3 Likes

i have one of these now and it’s nice. it feels real good and the screen really is quite gorgeous

kinda regretting not buying a dock for it, but i guess i might order one of those some time soon

1 Like

I would also like the dock.

1 Like

Glow in the dark will be available for 12 seconds on Friday I guess?

1 Like
3 Likes

people who have one of these, what do you mostly use it for?

• original carts
  • flashcart(s)
  • openFPGA cores
  • other
0 voters

I voted other because I mostly use bootleg carts. My reasons:

• Carts work with the Pocket’s cool display modes which openFPGA cores don’t support yet.
  • Bootlegs are easier to get than originals and some people were saying that flashcarts might not play well with the Pocket’s quick resume feature (i.e. save states).

If cores eventually support custom display modes I imagine I’ll switch over to them exclusively - and I’ll probably have exhausted my bootleg collection of heavy hitters by then.

2 Likes

you think you’ve seen the squirtle squad on your fucking iphone?

18 Likes

Analogue Pocket OS v1.2 & 2.0 Release Dates

Analogue Pocket OS v1.2 will be released in early December. OS v1.2 fixes many important bugs, adds new controller support, updates Nanoloop, and adds openFPGA Developer features. OS v2.0 will be released before Christmas featuring Original Display Mode support for openFPGA and a new CRT Trinitron Original Display Mode.

neat

3 Likes

was not expecting them to hit the xmas release

2 Likes

pocket updater didn’t grab the video filters for spiritualized cores when i ran it. it’s probably gonna be fixed upstream but you can download the .json files from this google drive link (via reddit) in the meantime

writing your own .json files for it is pretty simple from this documentation (to e.g. use the trinitron filter for a SNES core)