Office Slack: The Best Of Browser Gaming

There are a lot of great, free, weird, browser games out there. Please talk about and link your faves.

I’d like to exclude clickers but mainly because of my own obsessive tendencies. Which I don’t consider valid grounds for suggesting exclusion.

http://entire.spacebar.org/
The game screen is the player character is the game screen.

6 Likes

Surviv.io is the only truly great battle royale game. I will go on the record about this. It’s a game concept that works best in 2D.

Wait, Fly Guy is no longer a browser game, but is only available on mobile devices?

One of the most memorable browser games for me is “Go to Hell!” I can never resist this type of digging mechanic.

And, of course, there’s Dino Run.

5 Likes

I’ll often find my wife and her work-wife (coworker) playing stuff on kongregate.

The other day I popped in for lunch and they were playing a Roguelike.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the music is in this game? i have this feeling it’s from Timesplitters but I don’t think that’s quite right.

EDIT: nvm it was a song in an Xbox Live Indie Game called Tank Strike, and it was by Matt McFarland who did, like, royalty free music.

My favorite browser game/time waster was always Gem Craft. It’s a tower defense game with…gems…

http://armorgames.com/play/1716/gemcraft

apparently this game has like 5 sequels

1 Like

flyguy

The original flash file can still be found as flyguy dot swf. These alternate titles for the .swf are pretty accurate descriptions.

N.I.'s free java games and the Merlin’s Revenge series are my favorite. And the Ponta series and Area Flat 1-3, which may also have been N.I., I can’t remember. I used to know dozens of online games but one by one they all became unplayable.

3 Likes

Off Road: Velociraptor Safari

You can’t play it in Chrome anymore

2 Likes

I put hours and hours into this when it was new

1 Like

I played it every single evening, for hours, for a week. Until I could fairly frequently break 1 million.

A list of essential browser games must include Hungry Pumkin (which I never before realized had that spelling). (And which won’t even start until you select the right-click Play option.)

Edit: What a terrible preview image and description.

1 Like

“meme-worthy”

Jesus Christmas I feel old

3 Likes

The dearly departed Flashbang Studios also made Minotaur China Shop, which is unquestionably the game I have played and enjoyed most while seriously intoxicated.

1 Like

I miss the Homestar Runner games

1 Like

This was decent fun