Coffee (Formerly Eternally Doomed (Formerly Nu-DOOM Murder Junkies (Formerly I played the Doom closed alpha on PS4)))

personally can’t wait to find out what hellforge the D O O M S L A Y E R’s codpiece was made in and also max my relationship meter with the ancient imp who still tends there so we may squish cods and then unlock the ancient codblade, etc.

15 Likes

if neudoom 2 can be played entirely crotch-first maybe bioware will shutter itself in absolute defeat

5 Likes

The grapple looks sick but honestly I dunno about the dash, it might honestly make things too easy.

Also the wristblade is dumb. Insofar as the glory kills’ violence didn’t wear out its welcome, it was thematically satisfying that you were always tearing apart demons with your own hands, an avatar of pure rage. The blade is too clean & clinical.

RIP AND clean dirt out from under your fingernails

4 Likes

idk about this when the blade is puncturing a demon part that you proceed to punch off with the follow-through

RIP AND oh darn it does anyone have a scissors or maybe some floss, I won’t be home for hours

1 Like

Needs more RIP and also TEAR

I can assure you chucklefucks the blade geometry on those looks like absolute garbage and they will mostly rip and tear whatever they contact

7 Likes

This was my big takeaway, that shit is bizzarely unhype.

My little takeaway was how cute that brainbug is

1 Like

Invulnerable synchronized kills are a dead end in game design anyway, I’ve complained before that I wish the glory kills in Doom were hold-to-charge moves that put you in a vulnerable state before execution rather than no-risk-except-stray-bullets opportunities that you always pick up.

The punctuated close intensity is a good thing to take from Gears but it should be wrapped in a real game system. Like a chainsaw is.

2 Likes

OH, also that “the term demons can be offensive!” line felt a bit too much LOL LIBTARDS AMIRITE for me

12 Likes

it was certainly that. the chances of there being more NUANCED HUMOR from DEFINITELY GOOD WRITERS among these ID LORE NERDS is probably like 9000% percent

It’s weird for me to chastise a Doom game for being impure but here I am

4 Likes

ONLY THE DOOM SLAYER CAN SAVE EARTH FROM POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

2 Likes

Trust sb to rip and tear apart the (probably) best game of 2019 (idk)

But it’s all good, I like y’all’s opinions. It’s not good to be too hype anyway, gotta keep cool, gotta keep cool, even though I’m almost $#&@! my pants. Think of Phil Collins

1 Like

Am I alone in thinking the ballista is a callback to Heretic’s Ethereal Crossbow?

4 Likes

They are risky which is why Ultranightmare runs hardly ever do them. It’s just the risk comes after the move which is too far in the future to calculate.

2 Likes

tbh i think that this may be even a calculated move. they know their audience well, and after the New Colossus drama it’s a fantastic way to create controversy and cash in on all the people who riled against New Colossus and will vote with their dollars for this.

so new colossus was unnecessarily creating drama by shooting nazis but this is a fantastic cash in for the people who were bothered by that. so: pointing out witcher had no black people at all was bad, people worrying about nazis is bad, moronic knuckle dragging alt-right humor in doom is fantastic. upstanding priorities as always raziel.

I saw a reddit thread recently on quest for glory 3 with a bunch of dorks saying “this is ‘real’ diversity not fake sjw diversity!!” as if quest for glory 3 came out today these dumb motherfuckers would not be whining about it. “they advertised transylvania at the end of the last one but now it’s africa! must be the sjws at it again!”

This eternal convenient reactionary excuse how anything in the past gets to be authentic but anything in the present is a work or a paranoid plot.