Coffee (Formerly Eternally Doomed (Formerly Nu-DOOM Murder Junkies (Formerly I played the Doom closed alpha on PS4)))

How about the Neverwinter Nights module for Tribes

The podcast where you (?) talk about this is incredible. Just remembered it.

I don’t remember anyone ever talking Half-Life RPG on any podcast episode! Would be curious if you could recall which.

Looking at the episode list didn’t jog my memory, sorry. I definitely recall someone talking about an RPG mod for Half Life but it might not be the same one.

1 Like

Noclip really did these guys a favour. They would not have appeared otherwise.

Yeah I heard about this port and I think it’s so cool that it’s happened. It looks great. I’d definitely buy it if I had a switch. Just to have it on the go is awesome

i just can’t imagine this game running very smoothly on Switch, but the portability of Nu-Doom Arcade Mode is very alluring

they can get it working at a locked 30FPS with dogshit graphics pretty plausibly I think

and the good news is that id tech 6 isn’t nearly as much of a muddy mess on low presets as the past decade of id/epic engines were, so there shouldn’t be a massive concern about detail loss

2 Likes

so, tantamount to snes doom on a “modern console”?

probably closer to gba doom imo

1 Like

Game.com Duke Nukem 3D!?

2 Likes

It’s more like DooM on the Ps 1

1 Like

It’s actually pretty close to doom on the pippin

3 Likes

Stop clicking; it’s not a link.

7 Likes

unfortunately it is in fact a link

1 Like

I saw some Doom Saturn recently and wow that was pretty bad.

this thread made me look up how many platforms Doom has been on, and through casual search it seems something like 22-24? that might be wrong, it’s also probably not counting the weird ported experiments on graphing calculators or ATMs or E1M1 being recreated in Minecraft or something

good on ya, Doom

2 Likes

all i can say is

13 Likes