Nier 2

I feel bad that I was the only one here not to get ending G

1 Like

Note to anyone who wants to get all the endings, Ending Y is missable, so read up on how to get it once you feel comfortable doing so. It involves losing a particular hidden boss fight.

As far as I know, itā€™s the only missable thing in the game.

on the 20th anniversary of SotN, this is an appropriate comment

3 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing how that could be true. Iā€™ve never played a platinum game, I donā€™t play third person action games that arenā€™t souls, and for me on normal this game never goes beyond button mashing. I died once, during the intro. if I removed auto heal and deadly heal would I have died a couple other times? probably. but: I donā€™t have to remove those chips. and if I did die a few other times on account of removing them I donā€™t think that would change much.

I didnā€™t use these at first and died quite a bit but since using them and becoming more tank-y the game has become much easier. I figured damage was the way to go given how much health enemies seemed to initially have but leveling seems to fix that. Not playing with shockwave has made certain elements of the game less enjoyable, though the Missile pod you find fixes that.

Finished route A tonight. Broken record, but, yeah, a lot of the boss patterns are kind of annoying as hell to deal with? Tons of shockwaves (of course), but the next-to-last form of the final boss for the route is really obnoxious. I could not find any connection between the animations and where the hitbox would be. Luckily, circle-strafing at the edge of Laser Pod range and tapping Evade repeatedly around the time a bunch of Stuff appears near the boss works very well. I just never had any idea what the attack was actually supposed to be doing.

Soo sorry Iā€™m glazing by what some people have said but I only just started loop 2, being on PC put me behind and omg there were 200+ posts to catch up on.

So for now here are my highlighted through

When it comes to this game FUCK SUPERBUNNYHOP, heā€™s got it wrong

The combat isnā€™t as tight as Iā€™d like especially with 9S going in and out of hacking is just a pain

The sections where they use complete darkness is annoying as hell especially because OH NO I CAN"T SEE BUT MY CHARACTER WEARS A BILLFOLD ALL THE TIME ANYWAYS.

also, the side-scrolling battles are a mess as well judging distance is not where it needs to be.

The end of run A is so poorly paced it ruined my overall enjoyment of the game, progression, and the story horribly suffered for it as well.

Most of the combat is damn fun and Iā€™m appreciating the chip system.

I appreciate the level of morality this game tackles.

Man the PC port has weird issues.

use the flashlight

2 Likes

I did, doesnā€™t change the fact that itā€™s a video game and I have nothing but sight.

I did think the return to the factory was the one serious pacing misstep but you get over it.

I finally have a level 4 weapon (and three level 3ā€™s)! and I have no idea how long loop 3 is gonna be.

Iā€™m like 18 hours in btw. This is how you avoid burning out.

I loved the return to the factory but did kind of feel like a non-sequitur.

The return to the return to the factory was even better

2 Likes

speaking of the blindfolds, does that ever get addressed?
Like, I am guessing they are supposed to be able to see through the Pods or something

Iā€™m playing super slowly, Iā€™m 25 hours in, in the middle of loop 2.
ButbIā€™m reading the surprisingly in-depth koi carp machine lore right now and have no regrets

Theyā€™re actually goggles, itā€™s what gives them their battle hud, basically.

Ah okay, I was expecting it to be some kind of symbolic thing, like the veil that covers them from the truth or something like that. Probably is that too, I guess

1 Like

Theyā€™re also semi-rigid, despite their fabric appearance.

Just finished Loop 1 - this game is weird.

It gets better weirder

1 Like