New Video Game

geeze here we go another interminable slog through neorealism in the global warcrimes on terror land, oh well I’ll buy it anyway I guess

11 Likes

aha this in fact takes place in that magical hyper real world of videogames where the goofy things that result from complicated ass systems clashing with one another are acknowledged and accounted for, ho ho what a pleasant surprise!

9 Likes

alas, this game is now overstepping it’s bounds by deigning to be taken seriously. really don’t know what they were thinking there

18 Likes

Don’t you see that this game is an exaggerated satire of game design trends? I know its a satire because I have a parasocial relationship to the texture artist on this game and I can’t believe he would make something that is bad.

15 Likes

is this the grumpier than gamegrumps game granpas thread?
Count me in then.

Wait, there’s an R-TYPE FINAL 2 for real?!?!?!

91890983720c17dfbed18feb5068f4a7

5 Likes

Tempted to lock thread and change the title to “brandon parker was the only good actionbutton writer”

5 Likes

I find this new video game interesting enough to keep tabs on its ongoing discussion on the selectbutton dot net forums, but not interesting enough to bother purchasing it or the hardware required to play it.

18 Likes

runs like shit on pc for some reason

15 Likes

I don’t know what you’re having problems with, works fine for me.

11 Likes

This hits too close to home and I had to laugh because I often times watch let’s plays to do just that. Most of the time it isn’t even that I don’t want to spend the money, I just lack the energy to play a game myself

I am terrible, I am the problem

1 Like

Nah, games have become passive like daytime telly, just like they wanted to be. I still think about “the guns don’t fire straight” reviews of K&L2.

6 Likes

when are these developers going to learn to care about the PC market? oh well, guess we will have to wait for a mod to play it.

1 Like

Heh. At least we get mods.

Im hoping for a physical release but Ill get the digital for now.

2 Likes

dismissive comment about how you’re all nerds, hastily deleted

5 Likes

hackneyed comparison to a major nintendo franchise

3 Likes

really does feel like they played a lot of Dark Souls.

3 Likes

Wow, kind of an unfortunate decision in that limited edition package contents, huh.

2 Likes

I’m really enthused about New Video Game and want to talk about it in earnest but feel the need to qualify my discussion with the most common criticisms of New Video Game’s particular genre/subject matter/level of production so as not to alienate anyone who may not be as enthused as me.

4 Likes

you do not want to see the lead artist’s twitter today btw

13 Likes

I’ve not played it but I’ve extrapolated what it is from a half of a 5 minute trailer and a handful of Twitter posts and I’m rather appalled by all the people that engaged with it any more than I have.

4 Likes